Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Touched You Personally in Sports in 2007?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Touched You Personally in Sports in 2007?

Several journalists chime in:
    http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/26/ ... ypart2.php

What was your defining sports moment of 2007?

The one the first comes to my mind is the men's 100m final in Osaka.

Comment

Wisconsin winning NCAA hockey in both men and women.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
        Wisconsin winning NCAA hockey in both men and women.
        I gotta admit, fair-weather fan that I am, the Jaguars have infected me this year.

Comment

My third round of a three day golf tournament at Edgewood Tahoe. Shot a net 68 and won $450.

Comment

Originally posted by Wang Lung
            My third round of a three day golf tournament at Edgewood Tahoe. Shot a net 68 and won $450.
            I always said one could make money with a 32 handicap.

Comment

The shock at logging in and learning about Ryan Shay's death at the trials.

Comment

Re: What Touched You Personally in Sports in 2007?

Originally posted by EPelle
                Several journalists chime in:
                http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/26/ ... ypart2.php

What was your defining sports moment of 2007?
                On the downside, the deeper descent into the abyss of doping.
                On the upside the rise of some strong young distance lions--hmm, maybe the wrong critter-- in the marathon and the kids coming up in hs.

Comment

[quote=Jack Slocombe]
                  Originally posted by "Wang Lung":2dca1x0f
                  I always said one could make money with a 32 handicap.[/quote:2dca1x0f]

Hrrrmph! I'm a 19.

Comment

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=25093

Comment

Pretty much a one-trick pony, aren't you? :P
                      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                        Pretty much a one-trick pony, aren't you? :P
                        Ah, but what a pony!

I think the only people who can possibly understand what that race meant to me are other Columbia alums (and perhaps a few of my friends who've seen my suffering over this lost cause for so many years). The truth is that in my adult life, my alma mater's track team had never done anything like that.

Next year, the usual suspects will be at the front of the pack at Penn, Columbia will be also-rans, life will return to normal, and I'll probably never agaiin have any reason to post that picture, or anything like it.

Comment

For those who missed Columbia's stirring homestretch rally(or those who just want to relive it over and over ) :wink:

http://www.flocasts.org/flotrack/covera ... 34&id=2411
                          There are no strings on me

Comment

Well, I'm impressed that Columbia even has sports, period! Who knew? :wink:

Comment

The most touching story? Your kiddin right? I dont think i missed any of the big moments of the year but there was one and only one that had me on my feet screaming, " Yes, come on, yes,yes..you can do it!" And i was wearing pants at the time.

This man, this beautiful runner is the second best in the history of the planet but he runs during the reign of the first best whoever lived. The first best retires and the man gets his chance at the 2007 worlds for gold. His season starts slowly and there's very little to suggest that history will be made.

He wins his first world championship gold but he's not finished. He goes for the impossible double. The 1500 and the 5000. When he finds that gear that i hoped he had and wins his second gold i am on my feet screaming and eyes leaking.

The only thing more amazing then his double is his charm and humility.

LAGAT LAGAT LAGAT!
                              Thats not funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X