Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Jones goes to jail, who gets the kids?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EPelle
    Try the 3,11-version of a certain programme -- like magic.
    Igivup. What programme is that? (Yes, if I were at all a techie, I'd probably know, but I'm not.)

Comment

eldy - I'll answer:

At the peak of her fame I'll guess she'd command between $25-50,000/hr for corporate events (maybe more). Plus she'd receive at no cost: first-class air tickets for herself and an assistant; hotel rooms, limo's at both ends. All her food/entertainment expenses would also be covered.

Charitable events would normally be covered at her cost (actual expenses, not per diem), without a fee. Therefore her time would be charged at $0/hr.

Now that she, by her own admission, has committed a multitude of felonies, fraud, and it could be argued theft from fellow athletes and the public, I'd estimate her market value to be minus $25-50,000/hr. As she cannot afford this she'll be paying back in kind - in jail.

Comment

My guess is that once she gets the legal stuff behind her that she will be able to make a semi-comfortable living on the contrition circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          My guess is that once she gets the legal stuff behind her that she will be able to make a semi-comfortable living on the contrition circuit.
          You might be right, but it might be a little tougher for her because of her publicly lying all of those years. Why should anyone believe that her contrition is more sincere than her protestations of innocence were?

Comment

If she gets some good management (like Oprah) she can get this contrition thing down right (better than the stuff outside the courthouse). More revelations, more contrite!

Americans love that stuff . . .

Comment

One problem there is that she burnt that bridge in having lied to Oprah as well -- both in person on the Oprah Winfrey show and in Oprah:s March 2001 "O" magasine.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200310/ ... 5_01.jhtml

Comment

Oprah's forgiving, especially for a good story . . .

Comment

... I believe you mean GOOD RATINGS.

Comment

Dem too . . .

Comment

The Dem she has covered with Obama! :-)

Comment

Just a guess that this is not going to help Obama get elected . . .

Comment

At least not today in IA, though he:s got a good margin there. But that is another story for a short-life thread.

Comment

I don't think Oprah will be having track stars on her show any time soon.

She also had the Harrison twins on ..... :?

http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tow ... 05_b.jhtml

Comment

Working...
                            X