• Show
Clear All

• Ignore These Words/Phrases!!

Dang, and I was just warming to "thrown under the bus"

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/ ... 3320080101

Re: Ignore These Words/Phrases!!

Originally posted by gh
    Dang
    There's another one that needs to be stricken forever. Also seems like tafnut's lexicon is rubbing off on you. :P
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Re: Ignore These Words/Phrases!!

Originally posted by guru
      Originally posted by gh
      Dang
      There's another one that needs to be stricken forever. Also seems like tafnut's lexicon is rubbing off on you. :P
      Gosh darn you to heck, guru! :evil:
      Y'know, as a TOE I think it's pretty sweet to give back to the little guy, and put some pop back into the language. In this post-9/11 world, wordsmithing is the new networking. In a perfect storm of e-media blitzes, people like me get thrown under the bus in an emotional surge of organic mean-spiritedness. Back in the day, we used to have random words, and when people asked what they meant, my answer was, "It is what it is." I could give a Webinar on e-writing, but that would decimate my detractors, so, at the end of the day, I just have to say, "Psych!"

Comment

Anyone else get irritated by the overuse of the word "awesome"?

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
          Anyone else get irritated by the overuse of the word "awesome"?
          Words like 'awesome', 'incredible', and 'amazing', when used by my students in essays, result in less than 'awesome' grades, unless they refer to things that truly awe, amaze or are not to be believed. :evil:

On the other hand I think it's amazingly double-awesome incredible that today, is like, TOTALLY bitchin', y'know, man!

Comment

Groovin' on the retro jive

Aw man, you cats wanna be cool. No need to get bent outta shape with that flim-flam, just groove on the retro jive.

The Bee's Knees
            Hong Kong

Comment

Like, I don't know, like, what you are, like, talking about. Like, what do you, like, mean, like, by irritating?

Comment

Working...
              X