X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    There hasn't been one bowl game played so far that actually meant anything. Ya win.....cool! Ya lose...bummer! That's it! When it comes to the ..NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME...we see something totally different.
    Are you kidding? Do you not think that teams like Missouri, Michigan, USC, Illinois, Hawaii and Georgia were highly motivated for one reason or another? Illinois and Hawaii wanted to prove that they belonged. I know that Hawaii was outclassed, but no one who saw the beginning of that game can doubt the motivation of the Warriors. Hawaii actually moved the ball down the field pretty easily on their first possession. Georgia, Missouri and USC were pissed at being snubbed. And Michigan wanted to send their longtime coach out in style and salvage a season in which expectations were so high at the beginning.
    I wish I had a buck for everytime I've seen a team show up flatter than a pancake for one of these bowl games. Yep dead serious! We saw that last night with Oklahoma. Sure some get up like...ah...WV!!! Some don't, what that's news to you?
    Saying that teams sometimes show up flat for bowls is a lot different than saying that the only bowl teams show up for is the national championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
      Saying that teams sometimes show up flat for bowls is a lot different than saying that the only bowl teams show up for is the national championship game.
      Saying that ANY team played 'flat' is just BS. There is simply no such thing, unless they all have food poisoning or slept on the gym floor. Teams play poorly en-masse because of one of three reasons:
      a. poor coaching
      b. the other team is flat out better
      c. they're missing a key player(s)

For a coach to blame a defeat on 'flatness' is self-delusion in the highest order. They got out-coached/played.

The other canard is 'poor execution'. That's what Meyer blamed his loss to Michigan on. "We couldn't tackle." No s***, Sherlock. That's because the Michigan backs were G-O-O-D.

The excuses people find to blame losses on always make me laugh. YOU GOT OUTPLAYED, SKIPPY. "They took us out of our game," really means, they could stop what we do, and we couldn't stop what they do. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
        I wish I had a buck for everytime I've seen a team show up flatter than a pancake for one of these bowl games.

Like Ohio State last year?

That corner is getting tighter and tighter.
        Not getting it are ya?

To lose the Rose bowl meant what this year? Try...nothing!!!!!! To lose the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME....is huge. You do not show up flat for a game of that importance, if ya do then you don't have a champions heart and are a sad excuse for a football team. Big diference between some bowl game and the title game.

Comment

To lose the Rose bowl meant what this year? Try...nothing!!!!!! To lose the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME....is huge. You do not show up flat for a game of that importance, if ya do then you don't have a champions heart and are a sad excuse for a football team. Big diference between some bowl game and the title game.
          That's really all you have left isn't it?

You better PRAY LSU wins, because you have yourself so wedged in that corner there's no WAY you will be able to explain away an LSU loss and still maintain one ounce of credibility(not that you have much now anyway).

It's going to be fun to watch.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
            That's really all you have left isn't it?

You better PRAY LSU wins, because you have yourself so wedged in that corner there's no WAY you will be able to explain away an LSU loss and still maintain one ounce of credibility(not that you have much now anyway).

It's going to be fun to watch.
            Last year I sang this exact song and did the same dance routine. The game went exactly as I said it would. Hell I predicted Georgia 42 Hawaii 17. Yes I can bring it here from another site if need be. If I miss this one like I did the Oklahoma game...oh well! I win farrrrrrrrrrrrrr more than I lose and anything can happen.

Cool the smart mouth about credibility. Who are you, try nobody..ok?

Comment

Who are you, try nobody..ok?

Ah, the first crack.....
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
              X