Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hingis Hamstrung for Two Years

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5h-D ... efGNamFZHA

The ITF said in a statement: "The Tribunal rejected the suggestion made on behalf of Ms Hingis that there were doubts about the identity and/or integrity of the sample attributed to her.

"It therefore found that she had committed a Doping Offence under Article C.1 of the Programme (presence of a Prohibited Substance in player's sample).

"The Tribunal also rejected Ms Hingis' plea of No (or No Significant) Fault or Negligence, on the basis that no mitigation was possible as it had not been shown how the cocaine entered her system."

How's she hamstrung for two years? She quit, didn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by pherekydes
      How's she hamstrung for two years? She quit, didn't she?
      Same as Marion. Suspensions are pursued regardless of retirement nowadays, in case anyone has any second thoughts whatsoever about coming out of retirement. The suspensions automatically put whatever comeback thoughts Martina H. or Marion may have on hold, although I think they're finished at this point, unless Marion decides to try for the 800 in 2012 or 2016 (fat chance, though it may be).

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta
        ...unless Marion decides to try for the 800 in 2012 or 2016.
        Isn't it traditional for former #1 female sprinters to propose the marathon for their comeback?

Comment

I think they're finished at this point, unless Marion decides to try for the 800 in 2012 or 2016 (fat chance, though it may be).
          Regardless of the event, she'd still have to pay back all the T&F money she earned after the 2000 OG. There's some evidence that this might be a bit of a problem for her. (Choose your own emoticon here.)

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            There's some evidence that this might be a bit of a problem for her. (Choose your own emoticon here.)
            I seriously doubt it(not that anyone will ever know). Now she has a reason to go home with her husband to visit the family.

http://swissanonymousbankaccounts.com/A ... nking.html
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
              http://swissanonymousbankaccounts.com/AnonymousBanking.html
              That's a very funny site.

Comment

Is it really right that she gets the same punishment for using a recreational drug (cocaine) as she would for using steroids or some other PED?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                  I think they're finished at this point, unless Marion decides to try for the 800 in 2012 or 2016 (fat chance, though it may be).
                  Regardless of the event, she'd still have to pay back all the T&F money she earned after the 2000 OG. There's some evidence that this might be a bit of a problem for her. (Choose your own emoticon here.)
                  My bad. I forgot about that. Once more, even if she were ever capable of running 1:55.xx, I doubt that any of the European meets would ever invite her again. The damage is too great.

Comment

Working...
                  X