Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this isn't the world's scariest job...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this isn't the world's scariest job...

http://www.flixxy.com/helicopter-cable-inspector.htm

(yes, there is such a thing as a Faraday Suit)

Interesting stuff.

I had seen a piece on Discovery Channel a few years ago about these guys, but they didn't show the line walking, just working from the helicopter platform. The line walking does add some spice. :shock:

I love his line - "I fear 3 things - electricity, heights, and women. I have a wife at home".
    There are no strings on me

Comment

I've made mistakes on my job which explains why I don't know if I'd want to work at a profession that is as unforgiving as this one. You must go through your whole career without a screw-up.

Comment

That video is (sorry MJD) AWESOME. I love the guy's narration.

Comment

Physics 101. High voltage = low current. Its the current that will get you.

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
            With all due respect, I think your equation is misleading. If the resistance remains constant, voltage will be directly proportional to current, not inversely proportional. Therefore, the greater the voltage, the greater the current.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
              Originally posted by malmo
              With all due respect, I think your equation is misleading. If the resistance remains constant, voltage will be directly proportional to current, not inversely proportional. Therefore, the greater the voltage, the greater the current.

Thanks. I was referring to the difference in current in high tension lines versus the low voltage/ high current household delivery.

Comment

Working...
              X