Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cloverfield - The Hype

Originally posted by malmo
    Possessed women spinning their heads around - seen it in real life. Ho-hum.
    If you have seen possessed women spin their head 360 in real life, that might explain why The Exorcist didn't scare you. I couldn't sleep for days after I saw it. Same as Pyscho and Alien.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
      C-field dominated the weekend box office. Estimates for this weekend:
      [boxofficemojo.com]
      1 Cloverfield $41,000,000
      2 27 Dresses $22,427,000
      3 The Bucket List $15,150,000
      4 Juno $10,250,000
      5 National Treasure: Book of Secrets $8,148,000
      6 First Sunday $7,800,000
      Liked 2, 3, 4, 5
      Liked 1, personally. I thought it was an ingenious way of doing the movie from cam corder perspective. It also had the personal feel to it before all "Cloverfield" broke loose. An interesting note is that it only cost film makers 25M to make it so it seems they've nearly doubled their expenditures practically the first weekend.
      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
        An interesting note is that it only cost film makers 25M to make it so it seems they've doubled their expenditures practically the first weekend.
        I'd like to see that math.

Comment

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008- ... 460195.htm
          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

A lot of people have their hands in that 41 million.

Comment

Re: Cloverfield - The Hype

Originally posted by tafnut
              Originally posted by malmo
              Possessed women spinning their heads around - seen it in real life. Ho-hum.
              If you have seen possessed women spin their head 360 in real life, that might explain why The Exorcist didn't scare you. I couldn't sleep for days after I saw it. Same as Pyscho and Alien.
              I agree with you Nut. The Xer was and is one of the scariest movies ever made.
              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
              X