Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers beat Patriots

Hmmmm?

Can it happen? Not unless the Pack can keep Brady on the bench. They will need long time consuming drives, meaning more Grant, less Favre. They also can't be having any stupid penalties and turnovers.

A few suggestions.....

1.Forget about blocking kicks. The chance of a penalty for hitting the kicker isn't worth it. (which is huge, because it's a change of possession)

2.Do not run out of bounds. The shorter the game the better (which more Grant, less Favre will also help)

3.Once inside the Patriots 45, it's 4 down territory. FG's won't beat them.

4.Spread the wide outs. Give Grant plenty of places to find a hole. The Pack can't be in constant third and long. The D has to think run or pass?

If the Pack can pull that off, they do stand a sluggers chance of making a bunch of Dolphins very happy.

I know what you're thinking..."what about the Giants?" Eli Manning vs Brett Favre "IN" Green Bay?

Let's first see if the Pats beat the Chargers and the Packers beat the Giants.

But to answer the question - yes, it can happen. The Pats won three games this season by only 3 points.

I'll miss BOTH games on Sunday due to another committment. Please, everyone, think of your brother bekeselassie as you enjoy the games. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by bekeselassie
      Let's first see if the Pats beat the Chargers and the Packers beat the Giants.

But to answer the question - yes, it can happen. The Pats won three games this season by only 3 points.

I'll miss BOTH games on Sunday due to another committment. Please, everyone, think of your brother bekeselassie as you enjoy the games. :cry:
      It doesn't matter what the Chargers "try" to do, they can't beat the Pats "in" Foxboro. Nobody beats Peyton Manning then Tom Brady back to back on the road.

The Packers could lose the game, the Giants can't win it. I do doubt it however.

Comment

I tend to agree with you. While not a Pats fan per se, I really want to see this perfect season happen. So I still watch the games with a nervous tension and excitement that worries my wife. :roll:

I just want to get through Sunday. Anything can happen.

Comment

Since Texas made mincemeat outta me on the Seahawks game, I'd like to go double-or-nothing. I will pick the Packers against the field to win the SB, a bad bet because it's a) against the field of two 'good' teams and one phenomenal one, and b) the Pats are overwhelming favorites. Are we on, Texas?

Comment

Packs and Pats in SB. Pack went to Dallas this year and lost. Pats went to Dallas and won. Pats better team. Can Pack win SB ...YES! But not without some Pat mistakes, IMHO.
            phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
              Since Texas made mincemeat outta me on the Seahawks game, I'd like to go double-or-nothing. I will pick the Packers against the field to win the SB, a bad bet because it's a) against the field of two 'good' teams and one phenomenal one, and b) the Pats are overwhelming favorites. Are we on, Texas?
              Let's do this...

Get in your car/truck, put something mellow on and take a slow cruise. Any hills/mountains around? While on that slow mellow cruise, really think things over. Think about what you're saying there. If ya feel the same way about things when ya get back.

Yep we're on, 30 days in the hole!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
                No, no, no - I'm not as crazy as you appear! :twisted:
                I'm just trying to salvage some small smidgen of cred anent f-ball. If the Pack wins, you have to pledge fealty to my mad prognostication skilz. If you win, you get to continue to berate the rest of us know-nothings.
                Hmmmm?

Comment

No, no, no - I'm not as crazy as you appear! :twisted:
                  I'm just trying to salvage some small smidgen of cred anent f-ball. If the Pack wins, you have to pledge fealty to my mad prognostication skilz. If you win, you get to continue to berate the rest of us know-nothings.
                  Hmmmm?
                  Oh no, no, no..nope!!!! This is where the rubber hits the road, this is where the big dawgs bark. No little baby steps here...ok? If you're going to step up to the plate then swing for the fences...ok? 30 days in the hole!!!!!! Big guy bet...ok?

Comment

This is where the rubber hits the road
                    this is where the big dawgs bark.
                    No little baby steps here...ok?
                    If you're going to step up to the plate then swing for the fences...ok?
                    I'm debating whether to give this a Tafny for

* Best Mixed Metaphor
                    or
                    * Most Consecutive Cliches

and BTW, the bet is MY terms or not at all! :twisted:

Comment

This is where the rubber hits the road
                      this is where the big dawgs bark.
                      No little baby steps here...ok?
                      If you're going to step up to the plate then swing for the fences...ok?
                      I'm debating whether to give this a Tafny for

* Best Mixed Metaphor
                      or
                      * Most Consecutive Cliches

and BTW, the bet is MY terms or not at all! :twisted:
                      Look up there, see those flashing neons...TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS!..."you" are in "my" thread. Here I rule my domain..ok? You will make the bet I mentioned or slither off into the shadows, knowing when it came time to make a stand and puff the chest out, ya wimped out. I couldn't live with that :cry:

Comment

This is where the rubber hits the road, this is where the big dawgs bark. No little baby steps here...ok? If you're going to step up to the plate then swing for the fences...ok? 30 days in the hole!!!!!! Big guy bet...ok?
                        I'm not sure where exactly the rubber hits or how many days in the hole are involved, but on a thread in perilously close proximity to one titled "Forced Rectal Examination," you two big guys are surely stepping up to the plate, ostensibly swinging for...err..the fences.

Comment

Originally posted by stallion
                          This is where the rubber hits the road, this is where the big dawgs bark. No little baby steps here...ok? If you're going to step up to the plate then swing for the fences...ok? 30 days in the hole!!!!!! Big guy bet...ok?
                          I'm not sure where exactly the rubber hits or how many days in the hole are involved, but on a thread in perilously close proximity to one titled "Forced Rectal Examination," you two big guys are surely stepping up to the plate, ostensibly swinging for...err..the fences.
                          Got an opinion on the game? If not, then get one..ok?

Comment

Look up there, see those flashing neons...TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS!..."you" are in "my" thread. Here I rule my domain..ok? :
                            Now be honest, big guy, have you been master of your domain?

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                              Packs and Pats in SB. Pack went to Dallas this year and lost. Pats went to Dallas and won. Pats better team. Can Pack win SB ...YES! But not without some Pat mistakes, IMHO.
                              Pack went to Dallas and lost. Giants went to Dallas and won. Giants better team. But Pack went to Giants and won, so Pack better team. :? Bears sweep Pack, so Bears better than Pack but Bears swept by Lions, so Lions better than Bears AND Pack, but Lions swept by Pack, so maybe deciding who is better than who based on single games is a bit fraught, to say the least. The old cliché applies: Any Given Sunday...

So, yes, Pack can beat Pats on Feb 3rd. Will they? Yes. No mistakes required.

Comment

Working...
                              X