Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants vs Patriots

The only NFL team that gave the Pats a run for their money this season is the Giants. So it's only fitting that that's the team they'll get in the SB.

Those great Giants corners vs those great Pat receivers. Perfect! The soon to be legend Eli Manning vs the legend to be Tom Brady. Perfect!

Does anyone outside of NY really think Eli Manning can beat Tom Brady?

Re: Giants vs Patriots

Originally posted by Daisy
    No

Comment

The only NFL team that gave the Pats a run for their money this season is the Giants.
      Gotta disagree. The Ravens came closest to defeating them. Oddly overlooked, the game was over - Ravens victory in hand - if not for a fateful and ill-timed timeout from the sidelines. But perhaps I'm being unduly argumentative. The point remains that the Giants should be taken VERY seriously at this point. Week 17 must have had many Patriots fans biting their nails . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
        No
        Then let's ask another question (the one that matters most): Does anyone outside of NY really think that the Giants can beat the Patriots? There will be 22 men on the field, right?

Comment

Yes the Giants can win, especially if the Pats team that played the Chargers shows up. If the Pats dont make mistakes they should win
          phsstt!

Comment

Well, Brady got the bad game out of the way. So I'd be a little scared of him coming February 3.

Same of Moss.

Comment

Patriots open as 13-14 point favorites(depending on the Book).
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                Ya gotta think the Giants can cover, don't you??!!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                  Abbsolutly! I cant believe this wont change to maybe 10 points by game time.
                  phsstt!

Comment

It will. In light of recents weeks' events, I think it'll fall to a touchdown.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      I'm sure it will. The books want to encourage early betting on the underdog.

Comment

I hear there is a lot of Pats money out there. Remember the line is made to increase handle not indicate who will win by what (although it is related).
                        Pats are 2-8 against the spread in the last 10 games The Giants are 10-0
                        and all on the road to boot. I'm taking the points but then I'm a NYer.

I wonder if Joe Willie is taking the points also?
                        Tom Hyland:
                        "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                          I'm sure it will. The books want to encourage early betting on the underdog.
                          The books only want a balanced ledger. They have no opinion in the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by bekeselassie
                            Originally posted by bambam
                            No
                            Then let's ask another question (the one that matters most): Does anyone outside of NY really think that the Giants can beat the Patriots? There will be 22 men on the field, right?
                            No

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
                              The books only want a balanced ledger. They have no opinion in the outcome.
                              Correct. That's the point I was making. If they set the spread at around 7, which is probably more reasonable for this matchup, everyone would be betting on the Patriots right now(except the few who actually know what they're doing). By putting it at 14, for now, the bets are likely to open closer to even.

Comment

Working...
                              X