Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold 5K Pump and Run

The 8th annual Arnold 5K Pump and Run was one of the athletic events held during the 20th annual Arnold Fitness Weekend, which is billed as "The Largest Fitness Expo in the World". Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was on hand again this year to start the race. Governor Schwarzenegger said the "The Pump and Run is a true test of one's fitness as it combines both strength and endurance."...

Before the runners started their 5km run they spent the morning weighing in and bench pressing to reduce their running times. The lifting rules were: Men 39 and under bench pressed 100% of their weight, men 40 - 49 did 90% of their weight, men 50 and over benched 80% of their weight, men 60-69 did 70% and men 70 and over lifted 60%. Women 39 and under benched pressed 70% of their weight, women 40 - 49 benched 60% of their weight, women 50-59 benched 50% of their weight and women 60 and over lifted 40%. For each lift a runner's time was reduced by 30 seconds with a maximum of 30 reps counted.

Results and more info on event - http://www.runohio.com

Re: Arnold 5K Pump and Run

Originally posted by runohio
    The 8th annual Arnold 5K Pump and Run was one of the athletic events held during the 20th annual Arnold Fitness Weekend, which is billed as "The Largest Fitness Expo in the World". Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was on hand again this year to start the race. Governor Schwarzenegger said the "The Pump and Run is a true test of one's fitness as it combines both strength and endurance."...

Before the runners started their 5km run they spent the morning weighing in and bench pressing to reduce their running times. The lifting rules were: Men 39 and under bench pressed 100% of their weight, men 40 - 49 did 90% of their weight, men 50 and over benched 80% of their weight, men 60-69 did 70% and men 70 and over lifted 60%. Women 39 and under benched pressed 70% of their weight, women 40 - 49 benched 60% of their weight, women 50-59 benched 50% of their weight and women 60 and over lifted 40%. For each lift a runner's time was reduced by 30 seconds with a maximum of 30 reps counted.

Results and more info on event - http://www.runohio.com
    I doubt I could bench more than 60% of my weight anymore, even though I used to bench more than it (when it was a lot less ops: )
    Wonder how many folks turned out>
    We have two towns in Nor Cal named "Arnold" (and neither after Schwarzenegger), one on Highway 4 in the Sierra foothills --one of those cool little villages in Gold Country--pretty close by to us, and the other on Highway 101, the Redwood Highway.

jim

Comment

Working...
    X