Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockets 20-game winning streak

Any NBA fans out there? The Houston Rockets won their 20th straight game last night. It's the second longest winning streak in NBA history. The '72 Lakers won 33! Can the Rockets do it? Will it ever be done?

22 now.

Comment

ok, while the rockets have been winning 22 in a row, who has the 2nd best record in the league in that time...

i suspect, y'all be stunned by the answer...

Comment

Celtics, isn't it?

Comment

since feb 5...

celctics have lost 5 games..

since feb 5, a team has lost only 4...

historic foe of the celtics...

an there ain't no one talking about them at all.

Comment

You talkin' about the Lakers or the Magic? I guess only the Lakers make sense. But they're not really interesting news, ya know? The Celtics and Magic, as well as the Rockets weren't expected to do what they're doing.

Comment

Streak ends at 22 thanks to the Boston Celtics.

Comment

With the Rockets very impressive win streak over, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the season works out for them. Normally, you might think now they can just relax and get ready for the Playoffs. Of course this year, if you're in the NBA West, the terms relax and Playoffs are not compatible.
                For instance, if the Suns and New Orleans win tonight, there will be 4 teams at the top in the Wins column, with 46 each.
                Does the winner of each division automatically get to play at home during the first round of the post-season, or how does that work ?

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
                  Does the winner of each division automatically get to play at home during the first round of the post-season, or how does that work ?
                  I think it depends on who they're playing. But given that division winners will usually be top-seeded teams in the first round, they will probably get home court advantage. After the first round, it's team record versus team record depending on each team faces.

Comment

I was looking at Utah in particular. They are a very good team, but they could easily finish up with the 5th or 6th best record in the West, while winning the
                    "Northwest" division. So, do they still get to play at home in the first round ?
                    I can't seem to find the definitive answer. I think home-court in the Western playoffs could be huge, as the teams are so close.

Comment

You're right. I think we have to wait and see who Utah plays in the first round before we'll know for certain.

Comment

Okay, I found it.
                        Each Division winner, along with the next best team in the Conference, are seeded into the top 4 places in the 1st round in order of their Season record.
                        Thus they receive home-court in the first round.

Comment

After 22 straight wins, Houston has lost 2 in a row by a combined 41 points!

Comment

Fearless prediction :
                            By the end of the night (Saturday), the Suns will have vaulted from 5th to 2nd in the NBA West. And those of us who were in limbo regarding the Shaq. trade
                            will have to 'fess up. :lol:
                            Okay, now that I have jinxed them, let's see how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                            X