Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the road with NPR

A friend just showed me a new web toy (new to us at least) and I thought I'd share it. On the NPR web site is a page that allows you to enter the start and end point of a trip. It will then produce mapquest-like step-by-step driving instructions, but interspersed with those directions will be the call letter and frequency of every NPR station you'll be able to listen to en route. No more searching the dial to find the local NPR station as you drive along the Interstates on the way to or from a track meet.

http://www.npr.org/stations/

Now that's cool- my wife will love it.

Comment

Tandfman, this is pure gold. I am going to drive to Eugene.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Very cool, but how'd you ever find it through the massive advertising clutter on their website? In the past few years I've wondered how they've maintained their .org status as they've become so blatantly .com.

Comment

Way too complicated.

Just get Sirius Satellite radio in you car and you have NPR all over the USA and Canada without changing stations. No drop out zones either. Plus about 100+ other stations, many with no commercials.

Scheesch.

Comment

Get Sirius? Get serious.

I'd do it but it costs more than ten bucks a month and I simply don't spend enough time in my car to make it worth that.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
              Get Sirius? Get serious.

I'd do it but it costs more than ten bucks a month and I simply don't spend enough time in my car to make it worth that.
              I am an avowed XM Radio listener, and I am hear to tell you the good news, Brother TandFman! Both types of satelite radio have receiver units that are portable and can be listened to both in the car and in your home. That is the only way I could justify to myself the costs. Give in to the temptation................. 8)

Comment

Working...
              X