X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlton Heston has died

The great actor was 84.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 209173.htm

My wife's absolute favorite actor ever. My wife used to be a stewardess for TWA and met him once when he flew on her flight. Her most exciting flight ever, she told me once, and I think that includes the flight on which I met her!

Comment

Wow - Hollywood star of the highest magnitude. Some took issue with his NRA stances, but even a BHL like myself understood 'Greatness' when I saw it on the screen.

Comment

He will be so very much missed. A faithful husband and a devoted family man. He was a humble, kind and generous individual. Who could play the mega-roles that he played today ? Who could make biblical figures real.? ....... Heston was without equal as he said: "behold the salvation of the Lord" ... we will not see his kind again.

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2008-04-0 ... asting.wav
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Rest In Peace Charles Heston.

I don´t agree with his politial stance later in his life...also the rifle stuff....but he was active in the civil rights movement...shouldn´t be forgotten...before it became fashionable for actors and stuff to take part.

He was a great actor and will be truly missed!!!

Comment

Didn't Chuck sing the same Rifle song that those radicals who created this country sang? :?
            phsstt!

Comment

We were a greater nation with him among us. Im thankful and grateful for him having the courage to stand up for the God given rights of americans in every season of his life. When he went to Oklahoma City in 1961 to persuade this nation to abandon disgraceful practices he did so when it wasnt popular or fashionable. When he stood up as leader of the NRA and said that it was every american's right to protect themselves he again took an unpopular position among the cultural elite. He wasnt one to run and get his talking points from hollywood exectutives and fashionable circles, he had a moral compass that was fixed by bigger stars.

Today's hollywood actors have a sizable portion of fair weather opinion shoppers, little mimicking monkeys, always fashionably positioned with the latest left wing cause de jour... Many of them are not fit to tie Chuck's shoes or load his rifle.
              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                When he stood up as leader of the NRA and said that it was every american's right to protect themselves he again took an unpopular position among the cultural elite. He wasnt one to run and get his talking points from hollywood exectutives and fashionable circles, he had a moral compass that was fixed by bigger stars.

Today's hollywood actors have a sizable portion of fair weather opinion shoppers, little mimicking monkeys, always fashionably positioned with the latest left wing cause de jour... Many of them are not fit to tie Chuck's shoes or load his rifle.
                So if people disagree with you, they are "little mimicking monkeys," and if they agree with you, they have moral compasses "fixed by bigger stars." Next time try to engage in a modicum of ratiocination before you opt to submit such pablum.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                  Many of them are not fit to tie Chuck's shoes or load his rifle.
                  Give it a rest.

Comment

paulthefan will be giving it a rest for the next week whether he wants to or not. We simply won't tolerate this kind of partisan sniping.

Comment

I liked Heston when I was a kid.

But now that I think about it he over-acted a bit in many of his roles.

I would however consider him "great" in his field.

Good night, Charlie.
                      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                        I liked Heston when I was a kid.

But now that I think about it he over-acted a bit in many of his roles.

I would however consider him "great" in his field.

Good night, Charlie.
                        I would agree that he did "over act" but he got away with most of the time. Planet of the apes was great. at the time anyway- i was a kid.
                        phsstt!

Comment

He was something different, no question. But was he as good as his peer group? Newman, Peck, Brando, Douglas, Clift, Dean: I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Friar
                            He was something different, no question. But was he as good as his peer group? Newman, Peck, Brando, Douglas, Clift, Dean: I don't think so.
                            And Lawrence Olivier, Richard Burton, Peter OToole,Cliff Robertson, Spencer Tracy ect. Chuck was a fine actor and a great movie star.
                            phsstt!

Comment

Here's his filmography from IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000032/

One of my favorite actors to be sure; sometimes hard not to think of him as a character direct from the bible.

One of my faves of him is an early work called The Naked Jungle.

Comment

Working...
                              X