Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An appreciation of Heston appears in today's Wall Street Journal. Free online at least today.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1207616 ... _days_only

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
      Originally posted by Friar
      He was something different, no question. But was he as good as his peer group? Newman, Peck, Brando, Douglas, Clift, Dean: I don't think so.
      And Lawrence Olivier, Richard Burton, Peter OToole,Cliff Robertson, Spencer Tracy ect. Chuck was a fine actor and a great movie star.
      Maybe he wasn't as good -be his name is synonymous with "epic."

He played in some very memorable movies.

In general, more memorable than most of his peers.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
        Originally posted by SQUACKEE
        Originally posted by Friar
        He was something different, no question. But was he as good as his peer group? Newman, Peck, Brando, Douglas, Clift, Dean: I don't think so.
        And Lawrence Olivier, Richard Burton, Peter OToole,Cliff Robertson, Spencer Tracy ect. Chuck was a fine actor and a great movie star.
        Maybe he wasn't as good -be his name is synonymous with "epic."

He played in some very memorable movies.

In general, more memorable than most of his peers.
        Could agree more. Movie star. and nothin to be ashamed of.
        phsstt!

Comment

My wife's favorite movie ever is El Cid. I liked that but my favorite memory of Charlton Heston in a movie is the small stand-in he had at the end of Wayne's World 2, when he stood in the garage station operator, who was the terrible actor, and after Heston read his lines, the camera panned back to Mike Meyers, who was crying, and said "That was beautiful."

Probably a comment on my sick sense of humor. My wife has not forgiven me for dragging her to Wayne's World 2 - Wayne's World she was OK with, but 2 was over the limit for her.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
            My wife's favorite movie ever is El Cid. I liked that but my favorite memory of Charlton Heston in a movie is the small stand-in he had at the end of Wayne's World 2, when he stood in the garage station operator, who was the terrible actor, and after Heston read his lines, the camera panned back to Mike Meyers, who was crying, and said "That was beautiful."

Probably a comment on my sick sense of humor. My wife has not forgiven me for dragging her to Wayne's World 2 - Wayne's World she was OK with, but 2 was over the limit for her.
            I remember that scene and i thought it was not only great but showed Chuck had a great sense of humor about himself.
            phsstt!

Comment

Working...
            X