Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's tafnut?

just wondering.

also, Stacy vaulted 14-5 1/4 (4.40) in Modesto today.

tafnut has been hibernating recently. But I'm sure Marlow is smiling.

Comment

Re: Where's tafnut?

Originally posted by Half Miler
      just wondering.
      also, Stacy vaulted 14-5 1/4 (4.40) in Modesto today.
      from the Modesto paper:

Jeff Hartwig, the men's American record holder, said he saw Stuczynski clear 16-1 "by 3 or 4 inches" in warmups.
      "If she doesn't break the world record (16-5¼) very, very soon, I'll be surprised," Hartwig said.

Dragila is 37 now, frequently injured the past couple years. Whereas she once dominated her American peers like Stuczynski is now, she had to settle for 14-5¼ Saturday.
      But don't count her out, she said, upbeat as usual.
      "I'm fine, though it might not look like it today," Dragila said. "My speed and everything is there. It's been cruddy weather in Idaho, and I haven't been able to get to my full approach (she used a short approach Saturday).
      Marlow is indeed smiling, and I'll pass on to tafnut (in the Witless Protection Program - after death threats form Bad Hammy for his position on the 1600/Mile controversy) that you asked about him

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Marlow is indeed smiling, and I'll pass on to tafnut (in the Witless Protection Program - after death threats form Bad Hammy for his position on the 1600/Mile controversy) that you asked about him
        I vote to return tafnut to the forum and put Marlow in the witness-protection program.

Comment

Originally posted by George P.
          I vote to return tafnut to the forum and put Marlow in the witness-protection program.
          They are both very naive, non-thinking, foul-mouthed, cynical, incivil b*stards, so I'm sure they'll get themselves banned soon enough. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            tafnut, the TOE, might have said uncivil, rather than incivil. :twisted:
            http://onelook.com/?w=incivil&ls=a

double :twisted:

the funny part is that google gets more hits with uncivil over incivil, but many more hits with incivility over uncivility. The TOE prefers incivil.

Comment

Is this a forced hibernation? Did I miss some excitement a while back?

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, I think Marlow is tafnut.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden
                  I've been in a hibernation of my own (self-imposed, since indoors is only rock 'n' roll).

But this seems unlikely. Tafnut was thoughtful and (generally) civil (as opposed to incivil or uncivil). :wink:

Comment

I see. Well, that completely got past me. I was hibernating myself back in Winter 07 so I guess I did miss something. What brought about the change?

(hi Pat!)

edit re. George's post: so what's the real scoop?

Comment

Is this a forced hibernation? Did I miss some excitement a while back?
                      Oooh, it was a bloody mess! Tafnut and mojo had a Celebrity Death Match and mojo shrieked so loudly, tafnut's peanut-sized brain shattered.

Whatever! I am MUCH better looking.

(hi, HM! )

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                        Whatever! I am MUCH better looking.

(hi, HM! )
                        It IS you! So, was gh worried he'd never surpass your total posts or something?

Comment

It IS you! So, was gh worried he'd never surpass your total posts or something?
                          It was pretty clear that tafnut was persona non grata. Marlow is (supposed to be) more circumspect.

Comment

I may be one of the few who's crossed swords with mojo and survived (so far) on this Left Coast screed.

Comment

Tafnut is dead. He was smothered by 20,000 post. He rolled away the cyper stone and was born a new as a super charged internet baby of above average intellect and impeccable manners. He is called Marlow and Marlow is is nameo. Marlow loves track so we must love him.
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X