Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most money you have ever found?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most money you have ever found?

I found $20 when I was 7 or 8 years old out under some dirt at under the bleachers at a Little League baseball field.

So........did you look for the one who lost it or just out and find a hooker?

Back in those days in the south an 8 year old could probably get a nice crocheted armrest for moms sofa.

Comment

$180 at a department store when I was 10. It was in a rubber band next to a mannequin. I was so excited I showed it to my dad as we were walking out and he took it and gave it to a cashier who promptly asked a lady standing there if it was hers and of course she said it was. At least my grandpa gave me $100 for being honest.

Comment

$30, while out on a run.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
          So........did you look for the one who lost it or just out and find a hooker?

Back in those days in the south an 8 year old could probably get a nice crocheted armrest for moms sofa.
          Just FYI ,Slocombe, the park was empty.

Comment

Age 18 or so, $20 bill on a gas pump. Would've filled the tank two or three times back then.

Comment

Reminds me of a funny "Dave Allen at Large" sketch from the 1970s. Dave's walking along a Dublin street and spots a 20 pound note in the gutter. He bends to pick it up but it's stuck halfway under a car tire. He looks around and there's a coffee shop across the street so he goes in and takes a booth by the window to wait for the car's owner to appear and move the car. After a little while, someone shows up and as they're opening the car door to get in, Dave gets up to go claim his booty......as do the other twenty coffee shop patrons, falling over each other to get out the door.

Dave Allen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Allen_%28comedian%29

Comment

While on a run with my HS xc team (I was the coach) a kid found a cheap plastic wallet with $240 cash in it, but nothing else. He was from a large poor family living on an unpaved street. I encouraged him to do the right thing and we took it to the local police station, gave our story and they took our names and contact information.
                A few weeks later when we inquired if it was ever claimed, they said it was and they would give us no more info. In retrospect, I think we should have kept the money but reported it to the local constables, telling them to have potential claiments contact us.

Comment

I found a 20 Euro note in the lobby of my building, which is kind of weird since I live in New Jersey.

Comment

I found a 20 in high school, at a time when my allowance was about a dollar a week. That was a major windfall, to say the least. Of course, that was outside the government liquor store on a Friday night and I think me and my buddies spent the next half hour trying to get somebody to trade the 20 for a case of beer!

Comment

I found $77 over three months ago at my college.

Comment

I didn't see this thread. My $10 in 1957 doesn't look so good now!

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
                          According to the CPI inflation calculator:

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

your $10 would be worth $76.45 in 2008 dollars. Go hog wild!

Comment

Originally posted by tlb747
                            I found $77 over three months ago at my college.
                            And you did what with it?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                              Originally posted by bambam
                              According to the CPI inflation calculator:

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

your $10 would be worth $76.45 in 2008 dollars. Go hog wild!
                              And that was for a 5-year-old

Comment

Working...
                              X