Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most money you have ever found?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not recall ever finding any money... unless you count change in th sofa cushions.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen S
      Originally posted by tlb747
      I found $77 over three months ago at my college.
      And you did what with it?
      Gave it to a friend as a payment because he bought a room for the night at a hotel in Ohio.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by "found". In the '50's (of the 20th century, I hasten to add) I worked my Summers in a seaside amusement park, running various rides. The Octopus, where I eventually became lead operator, was a mechanical pickpocket. Practically every day it generated about $25 in loose coins and occasional dollar bills. Three-day holiday weekends, running wide open with three operators, twelve or fourteen hours/day, we'd split in excess of $100/day. Other rides were also effective but not as good- Roller coaster, Tilt-A-Whirl, etc. There was an "honor system" - Wallets were always returned untouched, or turned in to the supervizing office; loose change and currency were fair game. With a pay-rate of .75/hr, no overtime, my major earnings were "found money". Paid for four years of college.

The other items frequently found were switchblade knives - Guys would carry 'em in their hip pockets, safety-lock off, and when they sat down in the ride the knife would spring open and out of the pocket. Since they were illegal, no-one could ever come back and reclaim them. I accumulated a nice collection.

Comment

I used to find 5's and 10's quite frequently. And coincidentally, they were usually in my dad's dresser.

Comment

I walked up to the register at a liquor store recently and spied a $20 on the ground next to my feet. Now at the time there were two cashiers and a bunch of 20-somethings hanging around by the door. I contemplated shouting 'Hey, did any of you lose a $20', but decided that the probable response would be five or six guys saying 'YES'! I stored it safely in my pocket instead.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
              I found a 20 Euro note in the lobby of my building, which is kind of weird since I live in New Jersey.
              Yeah, you've got to be an early bird to catch a worm in New Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                I walked up to the register at a liquor store recently and spied a $20 on the ground next to my feet. Now at the time there were two cashiers and a bunch of 20-somethings hanging around by the door. I contemplated shouting 'Hey, did any of you lose a $20', but decided that the probable response would be five or six guys saying 'YES'! I stored it safely in my pocket instead.
                I suppose even if you shouted "Did anyone drop some cash?" someone would have guessed correctly.

Comment

I found a dollar bill on my walk this morning. Not much, but topical.

Comment

Re: What is the most money you have ever found?

Originally posted by BillVol
                    I found $20 when I was 7 or 8 years old out under some dirt at under the bleachers at a Little League baseball field.
                    I found a 100$ bill in a COSTCO parking lot. Being of an honest nature I went in the store and tried to find the owner.

:lol: Kidding on the second part.

Comment

There was this one frat house in college whose residents would smear feces on one side of a $1 bill and lay it on the sidewalk poo-side down for unsuspecting walkers to pick up so everyone drinking on the porch could get a good laugh.

Comment

With my non-disclosure now expired, I can tell you that whilst assisting on a search watch last summer (job shadowing) at a major airport - exact location to remain unnamed - I discovered £46.000 on a toilet in the women:s restroom (a tip of a left bag sans its owner led us there), with £27.000 in one plastic bag, and £19.000 in another. An African woman entered the restroom all by herself and calmly said, "Oh, I see you:ve found my bag." She was the person on the identity card stowed away in the wallet, and then asked for assistance through the maze of guests and to a secure area. We didn:t ask, and she didn:t tell. Left it up to customs officers to explain how/why she had more money on her than is allowable for her. Never got the answer from them.

That may not constitute a "find", as someone else "found" the bag and created the code warning, but they had not looked into the bag. Had I had been there alone, I still would have turned everything over.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                          With my non-disclosure now expired, I can tell you that whilst assisting on a search watch last summer (job shadowing) at a major airport - exact location to remain unnamed - I discovered £46.000 on a toilet in the women:s restroom (a tip of a left bag sans its owner led us there), with £27.000 in one plastic bag, and £19.000 in another.
                          While I won't pretend to understand half of what you said (search watch??, job shadowing???), what were you doing in the women's restroom??

Comment

Left package = explosive possibility. Job-shadowed someone who is an expert in that field.

Comment

Cashing In

My date found $41 in the parking garage after we left the movies Fri. Gave me a Jackson. Most I ever found was prob. in a wallet I returned that was on a sidewalk above a beach, maybe twenty-some bucks. I tracked dude down (by his ID) and returned it.

Comment

My personal record is the penny (2001D) I found in the parking lot at Wal-Mart yesterday but I have a track official friend in the LA area who used to run 5-6 miles a day religiously. He swears he finances his track travels by money found on his runs. .. or maybe that is what he tells his wife and he is sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X