Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Another Day in NY City

The local TV stations in NYC are showing live footage of a guy climbing up the outside of the NY Times Building. He keeps trying to get into one of the windows, but they don't open! He's still got quite a few floors to go before he reaches an area where rescuers can grab him. And he's the second guy today to make the climb! Apperently, they're both experienced building climbers and have done this many times around the world.

This reminds me of a story...It was 40 years ago today that Bobby Kennedy was assassinated, and so I heard somebody giving a speech about him, and he said that Bobby was afraid of heights, and so he would climb stairs while yelling "help." I think this must have been a serious case of being afraid of heights.

Comment

He climbed Mt. Kennedy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kennedy

http://gge.unb.ca/News/1995/Mt.Kennedy/Mt.Kennedy.html

Comment

RFK was shot after midnight June 5th...he died June 6th, 1968

Comment

Golly gee, eddie, as I said, he was assassinated on June 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by zzbottom
            Golly gee, eddie, as I said, he was assassinated on June 5th.
            But doesn't being assassinated involved dying?... a bit like electrocuted...so he wasn't completely assassinated until June 6?

Comment

The assassin's bullet was fired on June 5th, and so the assassination took place on June 5th. It was NOTa 24-hour assassination. I guess if it makes you happy, if it satiates your appetite for precision, you could say that the success of the assassin's mission was not fully known until June 6th, but it is clear that Bobby Kennedy was no longer Bobby Kennedy on June 5th.

Comment

Working...
              X