Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger: One and Done

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tiger: One and Done

    Tiger Woods out for the year, reconstructive ACL surgery plus stress fractures: http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3450453

  • #2
    Re: Tiger: One and Done

    Originally posted by bad hammy
    Tiger Woods out for the year, reconstructive ACL surgery plus stress fractures: http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3450453
    he revealed that he originally ruptured the ACL in 2007 while running at his home in Orlando after the British Open

    this will add to the "running is bad for you"

    Well for the rest of the year we dont know who's gonna win..that will be weird.
    phsstt!

    Comment


    • #3
      A big loss for golf this year. We all await his return next year. Tiger is a class act.

      Comment


      • #4
        Check out today's "USA Today" article on Tiger.... featuring the learned opinion of one of our T&FN Forum "regulars" !

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dukehjsteve
          Check out today's "USA Today" article on Tiger.... featuring the learned opinion of one of our T&FN Forum "regulars" !
          web address please.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
            Originally posted by dukehjsteve
            Check out today's "USA Today" article on Tiger.... featuring the learned opinion of one of our T&FN Forum "regulars" !
            web address please.
            http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga ... ents_N.htm

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you. Good article.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
                Thank you. Good article.
                yea! Bam!
                phsstt!

                Comment


                • #9
                  How cool!

                  We are very fortunate to have bam posting here.


                  Makes up for dufuses(spelling?) like Squack .











                  and me. ops:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bad hammy
                    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga/2008-06-18-tiger-adjustments_N.htm
                    from there:

                    Woods' teacher, Hank Haney, wrote in an e-mail, "The U.S. Open will be considered the greatest accomplishment in sports history."
                    No, actually, it won't. But . . . it may well be the remembered as the most epic tournament, round, playoff, victory, performance, overcoming adversity, etc., ever in golfing history. I watched the last 2 rounds and the playoff late at night on the DVR and I have NEVER watched that much of any golf tourney before. It may well define Tiger's career, as much as his 19th major will.

                    And now that 'mental toughness' ad is not just a marketing ploy - it's who he is. He had stress fractures too?! :shock:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Marlow
                      But . . . it may well be the remembered as the most epic tournament, round, playoff, victory, performance, overcoming adversity, etc., ever in golfing history.
                      Now that we know the rest of the story it is reminiscent of Willis Reed in game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This columnist put him ahead of Reed even before the full-surgery news broke:

                        http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 005&sc=178

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
                          Thank you. Good article.
                          Jack, I would have posted the web address myself, but I do not know how to do things like that !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mojo
                            How cool!

                            We are very fortunate to have bam posting here.


                            Makes up for dufuses(spelling?) like Squack .

                            Wouldn't the plural of dufus (correctly spelled doofus ? ) be doofi ?











                            and me. ops:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              "A Golfing Genius Takes A Dumb Step"

                              http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 11B9JP.DTL

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X