Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacky Canuckian Foot Problems

What's with all of the feet washing ashore in Canada??

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/18/can ... index.html

Again?!

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=29690

Comment

It's an Olympic year-we don't mess around with people who can't get the A standard.

(serious note-speculation is that they may belong to people from a plane that crashed a few years ago and the bodies never found. Why only the feet I don't know).

And those of you who think me an insensitive and spiteful person can take comfort- I will be wracked with nightmares about dismembered feet for the next few nights :?

Comment

Foot # 6 washed up today, a little further north this time. In addition to the plane crash speculation alluded to by mojo, criminologists are suggesting organized crime involvement is quite possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
          Foot # 6 washed up today, a little further north this time. In addition to the plane crash speculation alluded to by mojo, criminologists are suggesting organized crime involvement is quite possible.
          As long as it is just feet I would tend to discount the plane crash theory, and consider it a crime, organized or otherwise . . .

Comment

I have a theory - y'know all those metriphiles who rant and rave about the idiocy of the Imperial measurement system? I think they're trying to send us a message . . . one foot at a time! :shock:

Comment

http://www.macleans.ca/canada/national/ ... 6032_26032

Comment

Yes, they obviously are not feet, or they would be South of the border.
                Theorists on various sides of the mystery seem to agree that, no matter how the bodies got into the water, it is the buoyancy of the running shoes that is causing the feet to surface, and be washed ashore. This story has legs...

Comment

Originally posted by Novitiate
                  BC Crime Superpower
                  So when mojo asks you to go 'fishing' with her - just say no! She is really the capo di tutti capi of crime lords up there. Whoda thunk?! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    BC Crime Superpower
                    So when mojo asks you to go 'fishing' with her - just say no! She is really the capo di tutti capi of crime lords up there. Whoda thunk?! :shock:
                    A few people around here would believe it.

Of course they may not be posting anymore. :twisted:

Another wacky theory is that the feet are being thrown out there by medical students with access to cadavers. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                      BC Crime Superpower
                      A few people around here would believe it.

Of course they may not be posting anymore. :twisted:
                      Is that what happened to MJD?? What size were his feet?

Comment

I heard, from a fellow named Guido, that MJD wore a size 11 Reebok on his right foot, and a size 8 (women) Adidas on his left. Apparently both Nike and Brooks refused to sponsor him, on the basis of his left / right imbalance, which seemed to manifest in various aspects of his life.

Comment

At the end of the NPR coverage of this story this morning, was this quote: "Officials are not sure if this is the result of foul play or an accident."

Some accident, huh? I believe the cadaver story is most plausible.

Comment

BC Crime Superpower
                            I'm sure Novitiate is well qualified to reminisce on just how powerful some British Columbians are in this respect. :twisted:
                            Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
                              At the end of the NPR coverage of this story this morning, was this quote: "Officials are not sure if this is the result of foul play or an accident."

Some accident, huh? I believe the cadaver story is most plausible.

"This is no boating accident." Jaws
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X