Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true, but it could be better....

hammond doesn't know who's racing...just the big names...

give him a 2nd liner in contention and he's unlikely to recognize who it is...

Comment

Originally posted by az2004
      true, but it could be better....
      No argument there. Why don't they just buy the coverage from Eurosport? That would save them all their own analysts and the US athletes usually get pretty good coverage.

Comment

Where's Scott Davis when we really need him? You know who would be really good, I bet? bambam!!!! It's not like he doesn't know T&F AND the Olympics backwards and forwards! dj would be another one. I understand gh and Bob H are already taken. And why can't WM get in FRONT of the camera and do play-by-play? Or is it step-by-step?

Comment

no one wrote:
          is it really 'play by play'
          =============

Is there any 'morality' involved?
          =============

I'm lost on this one ...not the first time .... but lost nevertheless. :?

Comment

Originally posted by no one
            no one wrote:
            is it really 'play by play'
            =============

Is there any 'morality' involved?
            =============

I'm lost on this one ...not the first time .... but lost nevertheless. :?
            . . . 'morality play' [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality_play ]

Comment

• Dwight Stones, Analyst
              • Ato Boldon, Analyst (misspelled "Boldin" in NBC's press release)
              • Craig Masback, Analyst
              • Ed Eyestone, Analyst

these are the only competent people in that group...

the others are marginal at best....
              I beleive I read that Masback will be doing only the Marathon(s).

Comment

Stones needs to get some more angles...for the past few years he's pretty much said the same thing on every single broadcast. It's almost possible to predict what he's about to say before he says it these days.

All the US commentators should be forced to sit in a room and listen to repeats of European broadcasts for two weeks straight prior to Bejing.

Comment

sometimes I can't see the forest ... for the forest

Comment

• Dwight Stones, Analyst
                    • Ato Boldon, Analyst (misspelled "Boldin" in NBC's press release)
                    • Craig Masback, Analyst
                    Ed Eyestone, Analyst

these are the only competent people in that group...

the others are marginal at best....
                    No excuse for Eyestone thinking that leader Brent Vaughn was Jonathan Riley in the 5000 at the Trials. They don't really look alike at all.

Yes, we all have made mistakes, but I'd like to think that if they were paying us to "analyze," we'd make sure we had the right name before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                      And why can't WM get in FRONT of the camera and do play-by-play? Or is it step-by-step?
                      Trust me--you don't want that to happen

Comment

Sadly, most of us are already anticipating the inevitable for the field events coverage. Here we have the probability for some tantalizing competitions in the women's PV and HJ (new WR finally?) and we already KNOW that we'll just get snippets and "updates". It's a done deal. Hell, bring back that pay per view package that they had a while back; I'll certainly ante up for it!

I also agree about the quality of the European video feed. I can't wait for the Paris meet on ESPN, as the "usual suspects" will just have to go with the flow. You gotta admit that they have a way with some of those camera shots. I only wish that the Rome meet coverage had been extended somehow to include Isinbayeva's WR. That one just kinda fell by the wayside. :evil:

Comment

[quote=Slowrunner]
                          Originally posted by I would never have thought of using "Tom Hammond" and "memorable" in the same sentence.[/quote

If we were mediocre, he'd be forgettable. I still remember being sick with the chicken pox as a kid.
                          Chicken Pox is probably preferable to Tom Hammond. We have been through this before. Repeat after me: Tom Hammond is a bad man. Badder than Tom Ripley, but unfortunatly, the Hammond version is proabably real, not a figment of Ms Highsmiths imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Murphy
                            Originally posted by Marlow
                            And why can't WM get in FRONT of the camera and do play-by-play? Or is it step-by-step?
                            Trust me--you don't want that to happen
                            I's rather take the pig in the poke ( :shock: ) than the pig's ear we're getting now.

Comment

for the paris meet today it's 4-6 pm on espn...

tomorrow it's 9am-12pm...extra hour so the WR after the window closes should get covered...

eyestone did error, but that's the exception, while for hammond, it's the rule

Comment

Working...
                              X