• Show
Clear All

• volleyball

why has every team got a short one ??
    i deserve extra credit

Re: volleyball

Originally posted by mump boy
    Setter and Digger. Need to be closer to the ground to dig out spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jnathletics
      Setter and Digger. Need to be closer to the ground to dig out spikes.
      thankyou. i guessed there had to be some reason that every team had one player who's a foot shorter than everyone else. i love vollyball but have been rather pissed this OG to see about 10 mins of it in favour of bloody beach vollyball which seems to be on 24/7 :evil:
      i deserve extra credit

Comment

I'd have liked to see a bit more volleyball(indoor) too as it's one of my favorite olympic sports outside of t & f.

Comment

Since I assume your'e a Brit, this parallel might work: In rugby, you have the big, heavy boys, and the large, bulky runner/tackler types and then you have the short, smart one (the scrum-half) who makes everything happen.
          Think Johnny Wilkinson of England or George Gregan of Australia; these guys are similar to the setters on an indoor volleyball team.

Same goes for the tiny point guards ( John Stockton, Allen Iverson, Chris Paul) in basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by richxx87
            Since I assume your'e a Brit, this parallel might work: In rugby, you have the big, heavy boys, and the large, bulky runner/tackler types and then you have the short, smart one (the scrum-half) who makes everything happen.
            Think Johnny Wilkinson of England or George Gregan of Australia; these guys are similar to the setters on an indoor volleyball team.

Same goes for the tiny point guards ( John Stockton, Allen Iverson, Chris Paul) in basketball.
            LOL!!! This is mump your talking to. Unfortunately your Rugby comparison won't help at all :?

If I don't have to be 6'5" I think I want to be the 'digger' in the GB Team 2012

Comment

Maybe this will help --

In fashion circles you have the supermodel runway types who are tall and lanky and do the showy stuff, and you have the commercial models, who are normal size and do all the grunt work jobs.

Better, "boys"? :lol:

Comment

The short one is a relative measurement in the men's game, though. Some of the women's teams have very diminutive liberos (digger/passers) and setters. But the American men's libero is 6'3" and the setter Lloy Ball, is 6'9". A big setter who can block is a huge advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                  Maybe this will help --

In fashion circles you have the supermodel runway types who are tall and lanky and do the showy stuff, and you have the commercial models, who are normal size and do all the grunt work jobs.

Better, "boys"? :lol:
                  much better but i got to tell you those commercial girls is where the money is :-D
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
                  X