Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    The swimmers obviously require more stamina but the competitors in both events, are beautiful, graceful and skilled, Unless somebody really screws up, how ya gonna say who wins?

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74
    They are great athletes....but watching it I had that exact thought....it's more like the Circus (same impression I get watching rhythmic gymnastics).
    I much prefer synch swimming to rhythmic gymnastics., but I never watch either.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    They are great athletes....but watching it I had that exact thought....it's more like the Circus (same impression I get watching rhythmic gymnastics).

NO smiling!

Leave a comment:

• Davidokun
    replied
    You were right the first time. Like you, I enjoy a circus act, but I would never confuse it with competition.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I don't think any synchronized event should be an Olympic event but I gotta admit, these girls are kinda entertaining to watch for a while and they are definitely athletes..

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    You forgot the clothespins on their noses.

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    started a topic sycn swim

sycn swim

I've been watching a lot of old Dr. Who episodes on netflix, and just now I turned on TV to watch synchronized swimming with the volume mute on. I thought for a second that I had left a Dr. Who disc in the player.

It was frightening and grotesque sight: arms and legs and bare flesh in odd configurations popping up and down and contorting around in the water punctuated by the sudden appearance of faces with strange manic smiles painted on them.

And I thought, If a person had never seen or heard of sync swimming and if you were introduced to it as an Olympic event in a science fiction story you'd probably laugh out loud at such a bizarre idea.

Hard to believe that so many people work so hard to perfect such difficult physical skills to acheive something that looks so whacky. I like Cirque du Soleil but somewhere there must be a line between competitive sports and oddball entertainment. Or not?
Working...
X