Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal Ceremony Music

I would assume that jaunty tune is burned forever more into the brains of gh, B. Hersh, et al.

:shock:
    There are no strings on me

Re: Medal Ceremony Music

Originally posted by guru
    I would assume that jaunty tune is burned forever more into the brains of gh, B. Hersh, et al.

Hell, who cares about gh, B. Hersh, et al........I just hope I can get it out of my head.

Comment

aiyeeeeeee!!!!!!

Actually, not as bad as Osaka and most recent meets. For this one, it was just part of the ambient sound from tthe bowl that was piped into our cans. At the others, it has been wired directly into headphones. That can be dangerous to mental health indeed!

Comment

The other thing I got a chuckle out of was the flag raisings - did they have a tornado fan blowing to make all three flutter without fail?
        There are no strings on me

Comment

The other thing I got a chuckle out of was the flag raisings - did they have a tornado fan blowing to make all three flutter without fail?
          Yep, they had one inside of each pole.

Comment

What ceremony music? I thought they just played the national anthem of the winner. No monopoly there.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              What ceremony music? I thought they just played the national anthem of the winner. No monopoly there.
              They are referring to the processional played at the beginning of each medal ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                Look for "Beijing medal ceremony music" on youtube, it's the one when the medallists were being presented. The ceremony music was played until the national anthem.

Comment

I liked the medal ceremony music from Osaka, but in truth, it doesn't really sound hugely different!

What was awful was that horn in Osaka :!:
                  http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay

Hell, who cares about gh, B. Hersh, et al
                    Well, for starters, gh and B. Hersh care, and probably al.

The "januty tune" was written by Tan Dun, a Chinese composer of some note. His last opera, The First Emperor was produced at the Metropolitan Opera two years ago, and I thought it was terrific.

I must admit, though, that I found the medal ceremony music to be inoffensive, but not very memorable. I don't think it burned in my brain for ten minutes, and I certainly couldn't hum it now. The ceremony music that I couldn't get out of my head for a long time was the fanfare and processional music by John Williams that was used in Los Angeles in 1984.

Comment

As soon as I started reading this thread, the ceremony music from Sydney came flooding back.
                      How strange after all this time.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
                        Yep, they had one inside of each pole.
                        And this wasn't the first place to do that (althuogh I can't say what was).

Comment

BTW, big discussions in the music world about the "appropriation" of the anthem scores from 2004:

(http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/08/com ... ays-b.html)

Comment

What chucklehead dug up the version of the USA national anthem? It sounds like a high school band version, before they have had an adequate warmup. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Bob H
                              Originally posted by DrJay

Hell, who cares about gh, B. Hersh, et al
                              Well, for starters, gh and B. Hersh care, and probably al.

The "januty tune" was written by Tan Dun, a Chinese composer of some note. His last opera, The First Emperor was produced at the Metropolitan Opera two years ago, and I thought it was terrific.

I must admit, though, that I found the medal ceremony music to be inoffensive, but not very memorable. I don't think it burned in my brain for ten minutes, and I certainly couldn't hum it now. The ceremony music that I couldn't get out of my head for a long time was the fanfare and processional music by John Williams that was used in Los Angeles in 1984.
                              As I recall from spotting for him in the booth at some meets in Durham years ago, Bob Hersh is also quite the opera buff. As you can tell from the above.

Comment

Working...
                              X