For all us Olympic junkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all us Olympic junkies

I think this columnist in the local paper summed up how many of us are feeling right now. Very funny and worth a read.

http://tinyurl.com/57ghje

Well Olympic withdrawal symptoms haven;t set in just yet but either way, I'm really going to miss my 1.45am alarm-calls - I spent all night drinking coffee and eating food, whilst surfing the net and watching the Games. It was bliss

I'm not sure when it will hit in - probably November or December when both the athletics and tennis seasons have both finished but I've been extremely sad and pretty much taped everything possible so that should keep me going for a while!

But at least I can get my life back to some sort of normality. I guess it means I have to start going out again and being sociable, which sucks :wink:
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

I got through the withdrawals too.....but NFL football will save me!! :twisted:
      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I'm already depressed and will be until Friday, I always have that feeling right after the end of the Olympics. Thankfully there isn't a long break and other sports besides T&F will also continue or start soon.

Comment

I am very limited in my sports interests- track and field or international ice hockey. Gave up on pro basketball in the 90's (except when Steve Nash is playing).

But coaching starts again next week and next year is a big one for our athletes.

And damn it felt nice to sleep in this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
            I am very limited in my sports interests- track and field or international ice hockey. Gave up on pro basketball in the 90's (except when Steve Nash is playing).
            What about curling?

But coaching starts again next week and next year is a big one for our athletes.
            Slacker. We started two weeks ago. :P
            There are no strings on me

Comment

I watched the Olympics, with rare exceptions, entirely on DVR playback. Normal sleeping regime, and, because life is too short, fast-forwarded through the blizzards of commercials that consumed the majority of NBC's coverage. And now I'm burning all the good stuff onto DVDs for future reference.

Looking forward to London in 2012.

Comment

Good gawd, it's 1:06 AM and I'm lying in bed with the laptop and the CBC on the tube...but no Olympics...sigh.

cman ops:

Comment

i go on the quality of the sprints - after all, banner event is usually the 100m ( then other sprints )

on that basis, i'd have to go with these as best, follwed by seoul & then toss-up between barcelona/atlanta

i'd go with sydney as worst as unfortunately for us, they provided crappy weather for the sprints & sub-standard sprint times

Comment

Butt deres big exciting track meets still on da scheduale and the NFL toboot and thanksgivin mashed potato's!!! 8-)
                    phsstt!

Comment

Oh, I love this:
                      "Things really go sideways when you grab strangers at random, start yelling like a CBC interviewer: "YOU'VE JUST SET A PERSONAL BEST, SHATTERED THE CANADIAN RECORD AND FINISHED FOURTH IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. HOW WILL YOU EVER RECOVER FROM THE HUMILIATION OF THIS BITTER DISAPPOINTMENT?" (Canada's national broadcaster, proudly undermining our Olympians through passive-aggressive questioning since 1936.)"

Interviewers are the same everywhere, it seems.

I was actually happy when the Olympics were finally over. But now I'm already waiting for the start lists for Zurich, planning my IAAF prediction contest picks... ops:

Snyway, since the Olympics were shown for ~12 hours/day on two channels, I have a lot of things to watch, if I want to get a fix sometime soon. Lots ofequestrian and sailing there :?

Comment

Some of the Olympic experience continues to live on, as will other parts soon enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKhovdf4dr8

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                          Originally posted by mojo
                          What about curling?

:
                          Slacker. We started two weeks ago. :P
                          Yeah but I think you end something like 3 months before we do. 8-)

Curling? :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                            Well Olympic withdrawal symptoms haven;t set in just yet but either way, I'm really going to miss my 1.45am alarm-calls - I spent all night drinking coffee and eating food, whilst surfing the net and watching the Games. It was bliss
                            Well I am getting occasional attacks of withdrawal symptoms and it doesn't help I have that "Beijing, Beijing. Wo Ai Beijing..." song in my head. I'm even missing the constant feeling of nausea in the last five days due to sleep deprivation and watching the tapes doesn't really help 'cos it reminds me of all the fun I had during the Games :cry: :cry: :cry:

Quite frankly, I don't care what the hell is going on in 2010 - I'm going to stay at home for all of the Commonwealth Games Screw uni and work.
                            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

I am completely over any residual Olympic blues.

Unfortunately real life has returned with a vengeance and track isn't on my radar these days-except coaching of course.

Barely followed results from WAF.

I will reemerge once x-country is over. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X