Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you concerned about the quality of today's kids?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you concerned about the quality of today's kids?

Then watch this 5th-grader address the 20,000 (!) teachers of greater Dallas in their convocation last week. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAMLOnSNwzA
    (not copyrighted)

Re: Are you concerned about the quality of today's kids?

Originally posted by Marlow
    (not copyrighted)
    All content has an implied copyright.

Comment

Re: Are you concerned about the quality of today's kids?

Originally posted by malmo
      Originally posted by Marlow
      (not copyrighted)
      All content has an implied copyright.
      When one says 'not copyrighted', one is trying to imply that no formal legal actions have been initiated to 'protect' the material and the makers encourage use without permission.

Comment

Whattya think, Marlow?

I taught high school even longer than you have. In my estimation the best and brightest kids now are better people and brighter scholars than ever before. Some of my former students are truly among the most admirable people I have ever known.

But the percentage of the best and brightest is fairly small. And, to a disturbing extent, teenage American boys are sliding into social and academic oblivion.

Comment

<<Are you concerned about the quality of today's kids?>>

Yes, but what next generation, starting with Og's family in 35,000 BC, hasn't been?

Comment

I am probably going to get it for this - but it seemed very scripted and acted out. Sounded more like his parents or school officials voice or a political commercial by the DNC. They probably told him to speak like that - I think his name could be Barak King. He should go into acting or politics. I was not impressed on any other level than his ability to follow a script and speak clearly in front of a crowd. That is a good quality but it was not his message.

I know I am so cynical. Lets wait and see when he is 20 - 30 yrs old. That kids got more self esteem than Oprah and pressure than AP. :shock:

I will wait for the bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
              But the percentage of the best and brightest is fairly small. And, to a disturbing extent, teenage American boys are sliding into social and academic oblivion.
              I was part of the best and brightest but slid into social and academic oblivion by the time I was a fifth grader...had the best of both worlds.

cman

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
                I am probably going to get it for this - but it seemed very scripted and acted out. Sounded more like his parents or school officials voice or a political commercial by the DNC. They probably told him to speak like that - I think his name could be Barak King. He should go into acting or politics. I was not impressed on any other level than his ability to follow a script and speak clearly in front of a crowd. That is a good quality but it was not his message.

I know I am so cynical. Lets wait and see when he is 20 - 30 yrs old. That kids got more self esteem than Oprah and pressure than AP. :shock:

I will wait for the bashing.
                You are absolutely right, I got the same impression. However, there wasn't much of a difference to real politics.

Comment

Working...
                X