Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Not A Citizen?

another thread that I may have to yank almost right away, but driving home I heard this guy on the radio ranting that as soon as Obama is nominated, he'll be declared a non-citizen and criminal action will have to be taken:

http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2008/ ... he-united/

Sigh.....

There are no strings on me

Comment

And let's learn a little bit about Mr. Berg, last seen vacationing with Matt Marriott.

http://www.rinf.com/columnists/news/phi ... uth-of-911

Comment

from what i have heard and understand there are problems with the authenticity of the birth certificate that he recieved from Hawaii. There is also aproblem with the age of his mother at the time and the laws of Hawaii that were in effect since his father was not a citizen. I am not sure about the details but I think it is more complicated than posting a image of the certificate in such a pristine state. ?????

Comment

Re: Obama Not A Citizen?

Originally posted by gh
          another thread that I may have to yank almost right away, but driving home I heard this guy on the radio ranting that as soon as Obama is nominated, he'll be declared a non-citizen and criminal action will have to be taken:

http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2008/ ... he-united/
          It just goes to show how low Clinton supporters will stoop.

Even if he wasn't born in the US he'd still be eligible to run for President.

US CODE
          TITLE 8 CHAPTER 12 SUBCHAPTER III Part I ยง 1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
          (a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;
          (b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe: Provided, That the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property;
          (c) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions, prior to the birth of such person;
          (d) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the birth of such person, and the other of whom is a national, but not a citizen of the United States;
          (e) a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person;
          (f) a person of unknown parentage found in the United States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the United States;
          (g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person

(A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or

(B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22 , may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph. This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date; and

(h) a person born before noon (Eastern Standard Time) May 24, 1934, outside the limits and jurisdiction of the United States of an alien father and a mother who is a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, had resided in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
            from what i have heard and understand there are problems with the authenticity of the birth certificate that he recieved from Hawaii. There is also aproblem with the age of his mother at the time and the laws of Hawaii that were in effect since his father was not a citizen. I am not sure about the details but I think it is more complicated than posting a image of the certificate in such a pristine state. ?????

I don't care if he was born on the moon, his mother was a US citizen. That's all it takes.

edit: What malmo said.

Comment

I am not sure about the details but I think it is more complicated than posting a image of the certificate in such a pristine state. ?????
              That is the only point he could have. Obama's parents were definitely travelers, it's not likely that pristine birth certificate is the original, but a copy ordered later. Exactly when and how did Obama obtain that copy? Originals would be stored and microfiched in Hawaii's registry.

If Berg's claim that Obama's pristine birth certificate is a forgery, then the State of Hawaii could provide the original certificate. If no confirming original exists, I'd be very suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by guru

I don't care if he was born on the moon, his mother was a US citizen. That's all it takes.

Not quite. His mother has had to live in the US if the father is not a citizen.[edit: paragraph (e)] That can be proven (I think?). So can the authenticity of the birth certificate.

Comment

Again, you have to consider the source of the lawsuit. :roll:

But here's something to keep everyone who cares busy for awhile.

http://xenon.arcticus.com/barack-obama- ... g-analysis

Comment

Originally posted by malmo

Not quite. His mother has had to live in the US if the father is not a citizen.[edit: paragraph (e)] That can be proven (I think?). So can the authenticity of the birth certificate.
                    I may be wrong but I thought i heard or read that since she was 16 she had to be in residence for 10 yrs. Also Hawaii still had some hangover laws since this is only a few years (just shy of 2 yrs) after statehood. I am not sure though??

Comment

But here's something to keep everyone who cares busy for awhile.
                      http://xenon.arcticus.com/barack-obama- ... g-analysis
                      I don't think that tampering of the document is what is being claimed. Any forgery would be for someone within the State of Hawaii Department of records to issue an official "copy" of a record that doesn't exist. It's been my experience from obtaining my own birth certificate recently is that the current document doesn't even look like the original on microfiche. If Obama's Hawaiian birth is legit the records will show it and this whole point is moot.

Now if Obama's father's race was listed as "African American" it would surely be a forgery, wouldn't it? As it is, it says "African," would in the day would have been most likely "negro" or "colored" wouldn't it? Of course, perhaps Hawaiian hospitals might have registered his race as "African" given his fathers citizenship. I'm sure that there would be other contemporaneous examples in the Hawaiian birth registry.

Comment

I may be wrong but I thought i heard or read that since she was 16 she had to be in residence for 10 yrs. Also Hawaii still had some hangover laws since this is only a few years (just shy of 2 yrs) after statehood. I am not sure though??
                        I'm almost 100% certain it's the Federal Code that determines citizenship and not the States or US territories.

Comment

I realize this can be contentious, but I'm letting it stand so long as it doesn't become partisan. This whole "who is a citizen?" and "who is eligible?" is a delightful can of worms.

Comment

I may be wrong but I thought i heard or read that since she was 16.....
                            She was 18 when she gave birth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

Comment

I may be wrong but I thought i heard or read that since she was 16.....
                              She was 18 when she gave birth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham
                              sorry just a mistake. you are definately voting for Obama

Comment

Working...
                              X