Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2008

It's that time of year again. Yesterday, shot putter/defensive lineman Ricky-Jean Francois said that they aren't approaching their season opener against Appalachian State as the typical early season cupcake, but rather like a 9th SEC game. The AP poll has Georgia ranked #1 and Ohio State #2, while the Coaches' Poll has Georgia #1 and USC #2. Anybody else care to make a prediction on which two teams will play for all the marbles in January?

You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

A couple of track guys that I noticed in the box scores:

Jeff Demps,Florida - debuts with a bang. 2 rushes for 76 yards, including a 62-yd run for a TD and one reception for 10 yds.

Trindon Holliday, LSU -- a couple of kickoff returns, longest for 33 yds.

Jahvid Best, CAL -- seems to be the Bores feature back nearing 100 yds, still in the 3rd Q.

Robert Griffin, Baylor -- ran the offense for Baylor, passing for 125 yds and rushing for 22 yds with 1 TD

David Gettis, Baylor (been under the radar in track, but was the 2005 CA state champ in 400 with his pb 45.84), led the team with 5 receptions (thrown by Griffin) in a bad loss to Wake.

I'm sure there are dozens more...

Comment

Re: College Football 2008

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
        Anybody else care to make a prediction on which two teams will play for all the marbles in January?
        Wisconsin vs Oregon

Comment

Re: College Football 2008

Originally posted by Daisy
          Originally posted by jazzcyclist
          Anybody else care to make a prediction on which two teams will play for all the marbles in January?
          Wisconsin vs Oregon
          Not Tennessee!! I wonder how BillVol is taking it? :P

Go Bruins!!!

How about that for the young bruin QB? 4 interceptions in the first half but still leads his team to victory in the second.

Comment

UCLA's top incoming T&F signee, LJ/TJ star Nelson Rosario, sprained his knee Monday night playing wide receiver during the Tennessee game. It's described as "mild" and he should suit up for the next game, but I hate to hear about those legs getting banged up.

I wish he would just hang up his football cleats and head over to Drake's LJ pits all through the autumn.

Comment

Y'all are so on top of current events that nobody likely missed this one, but just in case.....

Apparently it was cloudy in the Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) last weekend and the pilot carrying the skydiver carrying the game ball for UNC's opening game couldn't find Kenan Stadium in Chapel Hill. When there was a break in the clouds, they did see a full stadium and out the door the skydiver went....only it was Wallace Wade Stadium ten miles down the road in Durham! Hope the pilot's day job is not with United.....

Short video, players all over the field. You also get to see some pretty, red Tartan, though that apparently may go away with a stadium remodel as per another thread:

http://www.collegeotr.com/duke_universi ... duke_11117

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=un ... r&aq=f&oq=

Actually doesn't look very cloudy, so there goes that excuse.

Comment

Due to most of Baton Rouge still being without power, the LSU-Troy game has been postponed to November 15. I guess they had that option since both teams had a common open date, otherwise, I guess they would have had to move the game to daytime and play without a scoreboard or PA system.

Comment

There are still several evening games going, especially one with J. Demps, but these two tracksters arguably have had the games of the season thus far... The sort of stuff that get Heisman-voters' attention.

Baylor 400Hurdler
                  Robert Griffin
                  , QB
                  15-19, 294 yds
                  3 TDs
                  11 Rush, 41 yds, 1 TD

Cal sprinter
                  Jahvid Best
                  , RB
                  14 Rush, 200 yds
                  3 TDs (including an 80-yd TD and and 86-yd TD)

Comment

Noticed that Robert Goodwin, world junior long jump champ, is not on the U of Texas football roster?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                      Noticed that Robert Goodwin, world junior long jump champ, is not on the U of Texas football roster?
                      You mean Marquise Goodwin, who will graduate from high school in 2009?

Comment

We are going to suck until we make a coaching change. I predict a 6-6 finish for my Vols. Hopefully that will be enough to force Fulmer out. But he is very well connected with the big shots.

Comment

Originally posted by richxx87
                          Cal sprinter
                          Jahvid Best
                          , RB
                          14 Rush, 200 yds
                          3 TDs (including an 80-yd TD and and 86-yd TD)
                          And Best was pulled from the game after the first series of the second half, with Cal up 49-3.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                            Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                            You mean Marquise Goodwin, who will graduate from high school in 2009?
                            thanks, that would explain that. Thought I saw that he committed (signed) with UT?

Comment

OU vs. USC for all the marbles. Boomer Sooner!
                              If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Working...
                              X