Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melanin-challenged need not apply

I don't wander over to letsrun often, but here's their 'Quote of the Day' today.

"Obviously, unless you're black and African you're not going to do well in the sprint or middle-distance." - Martin Cullen, Ireland's Sports Minister
    Can't we all just agree that the MCs (melanin-challenged athletes) of the world don't even try the sprints, or the middle distances, or the distances, or the hurdles, or the jumps or the throws or the multis (excuse me, the Combined), because they are so disadvantaged genetically, that's it's not even worth the effort??!! The only thing left are the Walks, which the MCs could so totally dominate, because let's face it, no self-respecting non-MC would be caught dead doing, cuz it just looks silly.

Mr. Cullen, thank you so much for opening my eyes to The Truth. :roll:

edit - if this topic is considered too trollish, I apologize, but statements like that cannot go uncommented upon.

Re: Melanin-challenged need not apply

Originally posted by Marlow
    The only thing left are the Walks, which the MCs could so totally dominate, because let's face it, no self-respecting non-MC would be caught dead doing, cuz it just looks silly
    & if the 10th rated 13'10/27'20 non-MCs in Nairobi turn to those, there may be nothing left ! :P

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
      The only thing left are the Walks, which the MCs could so totally dominate, because let's face it, no self-respecting non-MC would be caught dead doing, cuz it just looks silly
      & if the 10th rated 13'10/27'20 non-MCs in Nairobi turn to those, there may be nothing left ! :P
      Didn't a Kenyan finish 19th in the 20K walk in Beijing?

Comment

that was probably the 50th ranked 13'30/28'00 nairobi-taxi-driver :P

Comment

I guess he means if you can't come in first or second you shouldn't try at all.

I thought there were many MCs that have done well in the sprints and middle distances - I mean far above the average population.

Furthermore, why is it that everyone seems to be hung-up on this Black - White comparison? How come people don't compare any other melanin level with black athletes? By the looks of it MCs are out performing Asians, Indians, Native Americans, and yes some Africans, yet they have less of melanin-challenge than poor ole whitie. :lol:

Comment

I don't wander over to letsrun .
            Repeat over and over and over and over and then you wont have to bring their crap over here!
            phsstt!

Comment

I don't wander over to letsrun often.
              What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
                I don't wander over to letsrun often.
                What a joke.
                I see we agree on something!

Comment

.....I apologize, but statements like that cannot go uncommented upon.
                  yes they can.
                  ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                    .....I apologize, but statements like that cannot go uncommented upon.
                    yes they can.
                    When a national (Ireland) Sports Minister says something THAT ignorant, it must be addressed.

Comment

Dude, it is Ireland, for land's sake! If that is the most ignorant thing someone like that says this week, I will be stunned. Repeating his silliness, even to point out the sillinessness of it all, is to lend it far more credence than it merits.

Let it go, and step quietly away from the silly person............ :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
                        Doh! What a concept. If we did that, 90% of all posts would disappear!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
                          Doh! What a concept. If we did that, 90% of all posts would disappear!
                          ... and you say that like it is a bad thing? :wink:

Comment

to be fair to the minister, he can point to these games to back up his statement

only jw with silver won a track medal on men's side ( ? )

on women's side, ruskie gal won 3ksc & a few sprinklings of minor medals elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                              to be fair to the minister, he can point to these games to back up his statement

only jw with silver won a track medal on men's side ( ? )

on women's side, ruskie gal won 3ksc & a few sprinklings of minor medals elsewhere
                              ie. And he certainly would be right if he were to cite the US basketball team with regards to MCs and NonMC's chances in the US for that team. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X