Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marion Jones released from prison

my how time flies! (bet it didn't for her)

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story ... 4?MSNHPHMA

as a US tax payer, I am not sure having Marion Jones incarcerated was an effective use of limited resources. Glad that is done.

Comment

Ahh, what a rich tapestry she'll have to share with the grandkids.....
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
        as a US tax payer, I am not sure having Marion Jones incarcerated was an effective use of limited resources.
        Don't forget, she was also involved in a multi-million dollar check fraud and money laundering operation.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Yeah, her sentence had nothing to do w/ taking PEDs; she was a real-time criminal, and as such deserved (and served) a real-time sentence.

Comment

I am glad to hear she is out of prison and back with her young children who need her.

I wish her the best-but I beg her to stay well away from the sport I love so much. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
              I am glad to hear she is out of prison and back with her young children who need her.

I wish her the best-but I beg her to stay well away from the sport I love so much. :twisted:
              Isn't this a tad narcissistic of you? Is it possible she loves the sport as much as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by stallion

Isn't this a tad narcissistic of you? Is it possible she loves the sport as much as you do?
                Well it is always about me.... 8-) 8-) 8-) but I doubt she loves the sport as much as I do because I would NEVER cheat other athletes out of a victory. I do respect and love the sport enough to do it clean and with integrity.

marion loves the fame, glory and money the sport gave her.

I doubt she would like to join me officiating youth long jump for 9 hours in the rain. :lol:
                But anyway what I meant was Marion really only knows track and field as a way to make a living. I am afraid she will want to go around talking to young kids etc. Yes I know she would be a great cautionary tale but I personally (and what I want is all that matters) want her to get on with her life with no involvement in track. Her name just brings out all the old dirt.

She can love the sport as much as she wants from the comfort of her living room.

Just my opinion- of course she will do whatever she wants.

Comment

I do not know what love means. I know a woman who says she loves a man but if she senses he does not reciprocate, she wants to see him suffer. Love at least in the sense of passion is not necessarily concomitant with a moral code which is beyond reproach. Marion may love the sport in the sense that the woman loves the man. It may feel like love to her. I will not judge whether she loves the sport as much as you do. It is impossible for me to say.

Comment

The thing I see missing from Marion Jones is candor. She reminds me of Pete Rose, who only recently started to talk candidly about the things he did after 20 years of lying. First Pete said that he never bet on sports, then he said that he never bet on baseball, then he said that he never bet on the Reds and finally he admitted that he bet on Reds games. At every turn, he only admitted what he thought he had to admit because there was irrefutable proof of it. Compare that to Kelli White, who admitted everything, and spoke about it candidly from the time she was caught. She even admitted to taking drugs that she hadn't even tested positive for. I have no interest in hearing anything Marion Jones has to say until she abandons the Pete Rose approach and embraces the Kelli White approach.

Comment

I do not know what love means. I know a woman who says she loves a man but if she senses he does not reciprocate, she wants to see him suffer. Love at least in the sense of passion is not necessarily concomitant with a moral code which is beyond reproach. Marion may love the sport in the sense that the woman loves the man. It may feel like love to her. I will not judge whether she loves the sport as much as you do. It is impossible for me to say.
                      It was a throw away line you are making far too big a deal about.

:roll: :roll:

Comment

Have you ever had a line that wasn't "throw away?"

Comment

Not only that, but she also treated the sport in a way reminiscent of how
                          some women treat men ;-)

Comment

Probably not! 8-)

Comment

Probably not! 8-)
                              Mojo has spent years and years giving of herself for the love of the sport and the love she feels towards her many track pupils while seeking nothing in return.

Marion has sought fame and fortune while cheating and engaging in crime.

Other than that they have a lot in common.
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X