Dwain Chambers [Golden League reprieve?]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwain Chambers [Golden League reprieve?]

Does anyone think that Chambers will be able to compete again, its ashame that he wasn't in any of the meets post Olympics. Yes he is a convicted PED user BUT still is a talent. I feel that he is getting a raw deal.

That much time away from the sport, I doubt if he would come back with the same degree of sharpness he once had. PEDs aside, unless he maintained the drive to work as hard as he had before, I would be surprised to see him return.

Comment

He ran a 10.00 this year, that's not exactly nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
        He ran a 10.00 this year, that's not exactly nothing.
        ....and he was still pi$$ing around with Rugby League in the spring.
        Had he trained as a Track athlete all year you would have to imagine he would have gone sub 10...

I agree though that motivation may be hard this winter!!!

Its a shame that the promoters have really targeted and black listed him whereas other drugs cheat are all over the Grand Prix...

Comment

It's beyond ridiculous that we watch Damu Cherry and Maureen Magi all season long but Chambers is thrown to the curb!

It's really unjust- but then, if I had my way, one bust and you'd be out.

I don't understand why he hasn't been on the circuit this summer, I hope it was his choice, but given that he trained to be in 10 flat shape- I'm thinking he must have just found it impossible to get a lane? :? :?:

Comment

I read that one of the meet promoters said they'd let him back next year, something about banning returning athletes for another two years after their official return?

He looked great all year, he's a super talented guy and I hope he makes Worlds and Commonwealth teams in the next two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaack
              It's beyond ridiculous that we watch Damu Cherry and Maureen Magi all season long but Chambers is thrown to the curb!

It's really unjust- but then, if I had my way, one bust and you'd be out.

I don't understand why he hasn't been on the circuit this summer, I hope it was his choice, but given that he trained to be in 10 flat shape- I'm thinking he must have just found it impossible to get a lane? :? :?:
              We have not seen Demi Cherry or Maureen Magi in any major meet in Europe this year and they have exactly the same problem to get an invitation as Mr. Chambers. "Game over" and that´s it!

Comment

Maggi was in both Madrid and Lausanne.

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
                  Maggi was in both Madrid and Lausanne.
                  Probably the organisers didn´t pay enough attention to the case

Comment

I would imagine the promoters put runners into lanes based on filling seats and providing fast times, more than they do based on the moral issues of PED use. Maybe my 'Muricanism is showing, but I think they are as motivated by profit and attention as anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
                      I would imagine the promoters put runners into lanes based on filling seats and providing fast times, more than they do based on the moral issues of PED use. Maybe my 'Muricanism is showing, but I think they are as motivated by profit and attention as anyone else.
                      They are actually very reluctant to invite formerly suspended athletes, some meeting directors also didn't want Christine Ohuruogu this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
                        The obove mentioned doesn´t fill one singel chair at Major events. But the organiser can be in trouble with sponsors, and with other organisers, who don´t want to be connected to PED users. And after all, why should you spend money and work on cheaters?
                        As I said., Game over!

Comment

I am not defending the guy, just making a statement. I honestly do not have a clue as to what motivates promoters in order of preference. Maybe it is a bit naive of me, but here in the States, we seem to be quick to get past most indescretions in our athletes (drugs, rape charges, wife beatings, and possibly dog fighting).

Comment

You also send people to jail (like MJ)

Comment

Yes, but she lied undr oath! No dog fighting, wife beating, or none of that other stuff.

Shame on us for punishing the guilty. ops:

Of course we have something like 2 million people incarcerated or on parole, so we cast a pretty wide net.

Comment

Working...
                              X