Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by observer2
    You also send people to jail (like MJ)
    MJ would have never gone to jail if she had not first lied about her PED use under oath and MUCH more importantly become involved in a bank fraud case and also lied about that.

Comment

I really should have done some research, I've just had a quick look through the GL results and I can't find anyone who has served a 2 year ban on any of the results sheets! :shock: Kapachinskaya, Maggi, Cherry.....none of them were ever even present. :idea:

This is a huge step that I completely missed. Of course, some might say it just makes it worse when these branded athletes are not wanted on the circuit but can gladly go to the biggest competition on earth and take the gold (back to Brazil).

Comment

Originally posted by Jaack
        I really should have done some research, I've just had a quick look through the GL results and I can't find anyone who has served a 2 year ban on any of the results sheets! :shock: Kapachinskaya, Maggi, Cherry.....none of them were ever even present. :idea:

This is a huge step that I completely missed. Of course, some might say it just makes it worse when these branded athletes are not wanted on the circuit but can gladly go to the biggest competition on earth and take the gold (back to Brazil).
        but maggi was in Lausanne
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

News
          Managers group won’t represent athletes who’ve been banned
          MIAMI BEACH (Nov. 9, 2007) –An agreement has been reached by the Association of Athletics Managers (AAM) that its members will not represent any athlete who tests positive and is convicted of a doping violation for which he or she serves a two-year ban or longer. It is believed to be one of the first such agreements in any sport.
          Details

European meetings will continue in the policy and not invite athletes with doping past
          EuroMeetings Press Release: MALTA, Oct 11 – Euromeetings are continuing in tough anti-doping measures and urged the member meetings not to invite athletes who could harm the events with their doping offences from the past. As already said in March at Spring Meeting in Birmingham also now at the General Assembly during European Calendar Conference in Malta athletes who could cause negative publicity should not be invited to take part.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy

I specifically wrote GL as in Golden League. Lausanne isn't part of the Gl is it?

Comment

Lausanne is member of Euromeetings though and shouldn´t have had Maggi in their meet. Most likely a human error by the organisers, They had other athletes like Bolt that took a lot of the attention the week after the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy

I specifically wrote GL as in Golden League. Lausanne isn't part of the Gl is it?
                who knows i don;t even know what a golden league i anymore, golden league, grand prix, permit meet grand prix final etc they all blur into one it makes no sense at all. why can't we just have the grand prix like we used to
                i deserve extra credit

Comment

Maggi won Gold so I guess that was good enough to ignore her previous record and have her jump. If Dwain had been from another country and medalled in Beijing, I wonder if they'd have let him race?

What I think is more likely is that the comments he made on the BBC are likely to haunt him for the rest of his career.

Comment

Speedster, have you exchanged one capital for another, again? That's a bad habit you'll have to break! :lol:

Comment

El Toro - its my love of civil/public servants!

Comment

I knew somebody would eventually break ranks. The Berlin Golden League meet says it will invite Chambers. Story now on front page.

Comment

I don't see him being a serious threat to medal at the Worlds this year. Yes I know..6.42...doesn't matter, the 60 is not the 100.

Comment

I'll jump back in here with the comment that his latest book seems to be causing him some problems. What are the chances that this will be the hole that finally sinks the ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
                              I don't see him being a serious threat to medal at the Worlds this year. Yes I know..6.42...doesn't matter, the 60 is not the 100.
                              6.42 in a guy with a previous fast 100 than a 6.42 all by itself.

Comment

The interesting thing for me about Chambers' 6.42 is that he never used to be THAT great a starter...his finish was always the stronger part of his race back in ye good old days- indeed, in that 6.42 he appeared to be going away from the field.

Yes, it doesn't always translate, but he's hardly built for the 60m. I expect great things over the summer...whether I like them or not!

Comment

Working...
                                X