Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Glove

tandfman mentioned it in another thread, but it deserves its own discussion.

Excerpt from home page article

It's also a proven athletic performance enhancer - billed as better than steroids without any ill effects. . . . The Glove works by cooling the body from inside out, rather than conventional approaches that cool from outside in. The device creates an airtight seal around the wrist, pulls blood into the palm of the hand and cools it before returning it to the heart and to overheated muscles and organs. . . . Grahn and Heller also found that cooling overheated muscles dramatically improved physical performance, allowing athletes to work out harder and longer, and hold on to their gains.
    "We learned that you can actually reverse that muscle fatigue in a short amount of time," Heller said. "And if you cool muscles during rest, you get a much greater recovery than if you rested without cooling."
    Sure sounds steroidian, but without the chemical downside (cheating). Anyone ever do a real study on its effects?

I like the 'aha' moment when an assistant increased his pull-ups per workout from 100 to 616 over 12 weeks. I'm waiting for the WADA ban and the resultant test to prove it has been used.

Comment

Fast-twitch!

It would be interesting to see if the Glove is beneficial for sprinting or something that incorporates fast-twitch muscles. One way to find out (as I mentioned on another thread) is using the Riksha Runner speed trainer. The wheel in the Riksha Runner activates a computer on the frame that displays the maximum speed (among others) as the athlete runs. Same can be tried for different ways of stretching or starting.

Comment

A few years ago, I experimented with a variation of the shoe: By using a
        special shoe with small wheels beneath it (and slightly adjusting my running
        style), I was able to conserve momentum much better. The result was a
        noticeably higher speed at a lesser exhaustion rate.

Comment

Originally posted by imaginative
          A few years ago, I experimented with a variation of the shoe: By using a special shoe with small wheels beneath it (and slightly adjusting my running style), I was able to conserve momentum much better. The result was a
          noticeably higher speed at a lesser exhaustion rate.
          Ah yes. I experimented with a variation of your variation. I put the wheels on another contraption and used my feet to power a mechanism that propelled myself through autolocomotive power transferred to the contraption's wheels. Really cut my mile time by a lot.

Comment

Think how much faster you guys would have been if you'd been wearing the Glove!!!

Comment

Working...
            X