Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt on Letterman

Is it tonight??

Bolt on Letterman. Wow! That ought to create a veritable “perfect storm” of interest. A celebrity-athlete appearing with a celebrity-celebrity. So, why no posts? :?

Comment

Re: Bolt on Letterman

Originally posted by parkerrclay
      Is it tonight??
      No Thursday night sell below:

Thursday, September 25
      Paris Hilton (Paris Hilton's My New BFF)
      Olympic Gold Medalist Usain Bolt
      Morningwood (CD, "Sugarbaby")

http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lates ... nfo/pants/
      20201.jpg

Comment

It was originally announced as being tonight, but apparently it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by George P.
          Bolt on Letterman. Wow! That ought to create a veritable “perfect storm” of interest. A celebrity-athlete appearing with a celebrity-celebrity. So, why no posts? :?
          Maybe most of the people on the board are smart enough that they don't stay up that late, preferring a good night's sleep to more vapid "entertainment"

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            Maybe most of the people on the board are smart enough that they don't stay up that late, preferring a good night's sleep to more vapid "entertainment"
            Who are you and what have you done with the REAL gh?

Comment

[quote=Walt Murphy]
              Originally posted by gh
              Originally posted by "George P.":1vzqfp8h
              Who are you and what have you done with the REAL gh?[/quote:1vzqfp8h]

"Vapid"? The great Bolt, David's wacky humour, and Paris' whatever...
              Oh gh....Or should that be g-age ?

Comment

[quote=rasb]
                Originally posted by Walt Murphy
                Originally posted by gh
                Originally posted by "George P.":1f51qh8o
                "Vapid"? The great Bolt, David's wacky humour, and Paris' whatever...
                Oh gh....Or should that be g-age ?[/quote:1f51qh8o]

I'm a bit perplexed, too. Thought I remembered Garry being a fan of Letterman. Must've been someone else. How long does jet lag last?

Comment

Originally posted by gh

That's why God created VCR's and Tivo.

Comment

methinks tongue in cheek in response to ...

Comment

[quote=Walt Murphy]
                      Originally posted by gh
                      Originally posted by "George P.":32wz3ulk
                      Who are you and what have you done with the REAL gh?[/quote:32wz3ulk]

The real gh gets up at 5:00 or so every morning (365 days a year) and has no time for such foolishness.

For a one-month period back in '68 I used to sit in a bar and watch Carson on the way home to my trailer every night, but other than that I'm proud to say I've never seen a full episode of any of the late-night guys in my life.

Comment

[quote=gh]
                        Originally posted by Walt Murphy
                        Originally posted by gh
                        Originally posted by "George P.":2cxpwxxu
                        The real gh gets up at 5:00 or so every morning (365 days a year) and has no time for such foolishness.[/quote:2cxpwxxu]

sleep is over-rated. I often do both and often need some foolishness at the end of a long day at the keyboard.

I just hope Bolt shows up. John McCain canceled his appearance last night and Letterman really got on his case.

For those who care about these "guilty pleasures", Bolt will "race" against Kelly Ripa on tomorrow morning's "Live With Regis and Kelly" show.

Comment

I've often espoused the "sleep is overrated" theory, at least when you have no other choice.

But I consider the window 11:00-04:00 to be pretty much inviolate.

Comment

Last I saw, Bolt was also scheduled to be on Jon Stewart's show today.

Comment

now there's something I DVR and watch without fail. (Chinese screwed up my regimen in Beijing when they got huffy and blocked the iTunes store in the middle of the Olympics)

Comment

Working...
                              X