Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usain Bolt: New Role As Leading Pitchman?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Bolt: New Role As Leading Pitchman?

It Clearly seams Tha Bolt will be the Leading Pitchman after Beijing for Ads.

Usain Bolt: New Role As Leading Pitchman?

Checkout this link
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/26888218/
    20201.jpg

If he hopes to "pitch" his shoe brand, good luck! Other than some jumpers, it's hard to think of anyone (else) significant who's worn them in recent years. My duffer friends gave up on them during the Reagan administration.

Comment

Originally posted by George P.
      If he hopes to "pitch" his shoe brand, good luck! Other than some jumpers, it's hard to think of anyone (else) significant who's worn them in recent years. My duffer friends gave up on them during the Reagan administration.
      Just goes to show that you are an old soul. :lol:

Puma by a significant stretch is further reaching into the chic, trendy metropolitan markets than the others (who are doing better in the outright sports department). You can rock your pumas (clothing and shoes) and stand less of a chance of being looked up and down by the bouncer at the velvet ropes , lets see you do that with the others. You have not realized that puma has become a major trendy casual wear brand.

Comment

[quote=George P.][quote="Paul Henry":2hsq8qvk]
        Originally posted by "George P.":2hsq8qvk
        Just goes to show that you are an old soul. :lol:

Puma by a significant stretch is further reaching into the chic, trendy metropolitan markets than the others (who are doing better in the outright sports department). You can rock your pumas (clothing and shoes) and stand less of a chance of being looked up and down by the bouncer at the velvet ropes , lets see you do that with the others. You have not realized that puma has become a major trendy casual wear brand.[/quote:2hsq8qvk]
        I plead guilty! :lol: I'm hopelessly out-of-date and obsolete.

But you don't say anything about the brand's significance among elite competitors. These are not so interested in being sheek (or "chick", as we rednecks would put it.)[/quote:2hsq8qvk]

Whether its sold to elite athletes or sold to an eskimo it still counts as a sale. If the same numbers are sold between them its worth pitching for. Bolt basically transcends all boundaries elites ,non-elites, wide eyed kids, and all others.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
          Whether its sold to elite athletes or sold to an eskimo it still counts as a sale.
          Maybe to the bean-counters, the green-eyeshade boys and the "capitalists." But not to me, pal. :roll:

Comment

[quote=George P.]
            Originally posted by "Paul Henry":1sln2imh
            Whether its sold to elite athletes or sold to an eskimo it still counts as a sale.
            Maybe to the bean-counters, the green-eyeshade boys and the "capitalists." But not to me, pal. :roll:[/quote:1sln2imh]

As I said, a sale is a sale. I dont like the idea that the Olsen twins are multi-millionaires but they have amassed the income and they are rich. May be they have capitalized the tweeny and probably the green eyeshadow boys but they have sold. But I think you are more of a beef jerky kind a guy with a shot of moonshine to bring it down while you listen to conway twitty. You folks are far and in between and are not registered as a blip on the marketing radar its just the reality of it man. :lol:

Comment

Just heard an analyst on the radio talking about some methodology (akin to the Q-factor) that advertisers use to measure an athlete's popularity. The interviewer wanted to know, Phelps or Bolt?

The guy said that Bolt has double Phelps's rating (hence the Letterman appearance) and that his numbers were getting up into Jordanesque territory. Whodda thunk?!

Oh yeah, and he said Puma figured prominently.

Comment

I suspect that Puma now has a Bolt team working full time on promoting that asset. Not as big as Nike's Jordan or Tiger Woods teams, I'm sure, but then again, Puma isn't as big as Nike.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
                  As I said, a sale is a sale. I dont like the idea that the Olsen twins are multi-millionaires but they have amassed the income and they are rich.
                  Who are the Olsen twins? I know about the Kalin twins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalin_Twins

Comment

[quote=George P.]
                    Originally posted by "Paul Henry":2821xln8
                    As I said, a sale is a sale. I dont like the idea that the Olsen twins are multi-millionaires but they have amassed the income and they are rich.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalin_Twins[/quote:2821xln8]

It would be contrite for a non-American to lecture an American about who are the Olsen twins so I'll just leave the others to fill you in.

Comment

[quote=Paul Henry]
                      Originally posted by "George P.":1xysqcz2

It would be contrite for a non-American to lecture an American about who are the Olsen twins so I'll just leave the others to fill you in.[/quote:1xysqcz2]
                      There were two American football players, long ago. Merlin and Mike Olsen. I believe they were twins, but since their careers were in the 60s, maybe 70s, I hardly believe they could have been "multi-millionaires".

BTW, I really don't appreciate condescension. Not everybody is interested in the same things you are.

Comment

Originally posted by George P.
                        Who are the Olsen twins?

There were two American football players, long ago. Merlin and Mike Olsen. I believe they were twins, but since their careers were in the 60s, maybe 70s, I hardly believe they could have been "multi-millionaires".
                        Made me laugh! Out loud. Loudly.

Comment

[quote=George P.][quote="Paul Henry":19fb9syg]
                          Originally posted by "George P.":19fb9syg

BTW, I really don't appreciate condescension. Not everybody is interested in the same things you are.[/quote:19fb9syg][/quote:19fb9syg]

That is the exact point I have been trying to hammer home to you several points ago. But not so bluntly. Just re-read the line of conversation and you will see. I guess you need to internalize.

Comment

[quote=George P.]
                            Originally posted by "Paul Henry":1l3ri14x

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalin_Twins[/quote:1l3ri14x]

Take one Shirley Temple and one Britney Spears. Mix them up. Divide into
                            two (identical) persons.

You have missed nothing ;-)

Comment

But anyway back to events of the new millenium (issues of major significance that matter after 2000 AD) and the issue at hand (at least where I picked up on it). Puma has become a very marketable brand which has successfully done what other brands are struggling to do: profitably market trendy wears to non-core athletic bases and reap significant returns. As result, it is an entity worth being the pitchman for.

Comment

Working...
                              X