This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A winner in the debate?

Was there a winner? I think it was a tie. (Let's see if this thread lasts more than a few hours.)

Re: A winner in the debate?

Originally posted by DrJay
    Was there a winner? I think it was a tie. (Let's see if this thread lasts more than a few hours.)
    No politics! I will say it was a great debate. Very entertaining. They both were very good, howz dat? 8-)
    phsstt!

Comment

Re: A winner in the debate?

Originally posted by DrJay
      Was there a winner? I think it was a tie.
      I thought the same thing.

Comment

Tonight nothing but an undercard, as debates go this time around.

http://debate.wustl.edu/home.php
        There are no strings on me

Comment

I was rather embarrassed how each one tried to mischaracterize the other. Half-truths and misrepresentations abounded.

Neither changed my mind about anything.

Comment

Neither candidate had any major gaffs. I don't see how this would change anyone's mind. For me, this is a foreign policy election and my mind was made up as soon as I knew who the two nominees would be.

By the way, it was Mike67 who got our last political thread (Political Conventions) pulled. Who will be the culprit this time?

Comment

An hour wasted.

Comment

I wish it had been only an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  I was rather embarrassed how each one tried to mischaracterize the other. Half-truths and misrepresentations abounded.

Neither changed my mind about anything.
                  Just like a discussion on these boards. :-)

Comment

I think this past week's events have given the folks at SNL plenty of material to work with. I can't wait to see tomorrow night's opening skit. :P

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                      I think this past week's events have given the folks at SNL plenty of material to work with. I can't wait to see tomorrow night's opening skit. :P
                      A certain VP candidate will be sliced and diced. Repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                        I don't see how this would change anyone's mind.
                        If you had already decided to vote for McCain or Obama, there was probably nothing in the debate to change your mind. If, on the other hand, you were previously undecided, did this debate help you figure things out??

Comment

I had the impression, watching one or two of the Republican debates earlier this year, that McCain was clearly superior to the others. He was just skewering them and having fun doing so. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the best candidate the GOP could have.

McCain did not skewer Obama last night. As I said earlier, I thought it was a draw. Obama wasn't at all intimidated by McCain, as some of the weaker Republicans seemed to be in their debates. O and McC each got his points in. I thought each was stronger in certain areas. I agree with bad hammy that voters who are inclined to vote for one or the other are not likely to change their minds based on this debate. And I don't think last night will help any undecided voter decide. We really didn't learn anything new, either about the candidates' respective abilities as a speaker and a potential leader or about their positions.

Comment

Next Thursday promises to be much more interesting(and fun).
                            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                              Next Thursday promises to be much more interesting(and fun).
                              Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X