Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P.-Paul Newman

http://www.popeater.com/movies/artic...870x1200624393

What a shame, another icon gone. Whats your favorite movie? Me- Butch Cassidy, it had everything, action, romance, humor, a buddy film, great score and i love westerns.
    phsstt!

Comment

The Hustler.

Comment

I won't say, "Who's Paul Newman?" :wink:

Comment

One of my all-time favorite movie scenes is the poker game on the train in " The Sting."

Comment

He was a genuinely good man and a great actor. OF all that he did, cool hand luke was most appreciated by this fan.
            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Among his other commercial pursuits, he was involved in the production and marketing of a passable pinot noir (that's a wine).

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...8/NB228258.DTL

Comment

]]Butch Cassidy: ]Then you jump first.
                Sundance Kid: No, I said.
                Butch Cassidy: What's the matter with you?
                Sundance Kid: I can't swim.
                Butch Cassidy: Are you crazy? The fall will probably kill you.

Butch Cassidy: Ah, you're wasting your time. They can't track us over rocks.
                Sundance Kid: Tell them that.
                Butch Cassidy: [after looking for himself] Who are those guys?

[about the trackers following them]
                Butch Cassidy: I couldn't do that. Could you do that? Why can they do it? Who are those guys?

Card Player: I didn't know you were the Sundance Kid when I said you were cheating. If I draw on you, you'll kill me.
                Sundance Kid: There's that possibility.

[Butch just rode with Etta on his bicycle]
                Sundance Kid: Hey, what are you doin'?
                Butch Cassidy: Stealin' your woman?
                Sundance Kid: [pause] Take her.
                [sigh]
                Sundance Kid: Take her.
                Butch Cassidy: Well, you're a romantic bastard, I'll give you that

after blowing the train car to smithereens]
                Sundance Kid: Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?
                phsstt!

Comment

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid: best Paul Newman movie, best Robert Redford movie, best western ever.

Butch Cassidy: No, no, not yet. Not until me and Harvey get the rules straightened out.

Harvey Logan: Rules? In a knife fight? No rules.

[Butch immediately kicks Harvey in the balls]

Butch Cassidy: Well, if there aint' going to be any rules, let's get the fight started. Someone count. 1,2,3 go.

Sundance Kid: [quickly] 1,2,3, go.

[Butch knocks Harvey out]

Flat Nose Curry: I was rooting for you all along, Butch.

Butch Cassidy: Well, thank you, Flatnose. That's what sustained me in my time of trouble.

Comment

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was one of the few movies that I wanted to see multiple times and probably saw more than any other. It does not have the same interest to me now but that's to be expected.

Comment

I had always heard that he was a pretty good guy, too. That's one of the best legacies someone can leave.

Wasn't a sizable portion of the profits from his food products sent to various charities?

Not many people will mention it, probably, but one of my favorites was actually "Absence of Malice".

Comment

He loved his wife,"Why go for hamburger when i have steak at home", he loved people and he loved beer...need i say more?
                        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by cladthin
                          I had always heard that he was a pretty good guy, too. That's one of the best legacies someone can leave.

Wasn't a sizable portion of the profits from his food products sent to various charities?

Not many people will mention it, probably, but one of my favorites was actually "Absence of Malice".
                          Absence of Malice was great. I loved the closing scene with Wilford Brimsley.

Mr. Gallagher, are you that smart?
                          Everyone in this room is smart. And Teresa Peron is still dead.
                          (Sally Field gets a sick look on her face)

I'll also miss him a bit because in his youth, and my Dad's youth, they were almost twins. Always reminded me of Dad when I saw him.

Comment

Bummer; one of my all-time faves

Favorite Newman role is truly hard to pin down; he had so many great ones, so to pick something that wouldsn't instantly come to many minds, let me suggest Hombre.

His IMDB filmography

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000056/

Comment

A close friend of ours ran into Newman in the local grocery store about 15 or 20 yrs ago, while he was in town filming. Said he was wonderfully nice and gracious...

Comment

Working...
                              X