Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Econony & the Markets

Wow --- talk about squabbling kids in a sandbox. Unbelievable !

Makes you proud to be an American. Perhaps soon we'll all be proud impoverished Americans. Oy.

Comment

My new financial institution - Bank of Serta.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Stick a fork in it.

Comment

This has been the perfect storm.

Obviously there are major problems, but instead of working for the good of the country and solving the problem, congress is playing political games.

With the election a month away, the timing couldn't be worse.

Comment

It is only going to get worse and not because this bill was not passed.

Comment

Everythings gonna be fine, dont worry so much.

Mmmm...up 500
              phsstt!

Comment

I was kinda hoping for a fall out - you know shake up the system - maybe get back to real market economies. My life is a little boring so Chaos sounds pretty good right now

Comment

Obviously some air had to be let out of the balloon and nobody was willing to do it, so it popped.

Now they are just trying to control how fast the air comes out and how much air comes out. The bill is intended to slow the leak. Nobody really knows if it would work.

One way or the other we are going to have to come back to reality. It will be painful because we have become so used to living like kings on tomorrow's money.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyril
                    Obviously some air had to be let out of the balloon and nobody was willing to do it, so it popped.

Now they are just trying to control how fast the air comes out and how much air comes out. The bill is intended to slow the leak. Nobody really knows if it would work.

One way or the other we are going to have to come back to reality. It will be painful because we have become so used to living like kings on tomorrow's money.
                    Yup. The real obscenity was the presumption (for quite some time) that today's generation could live off the income of the next generation, and the next... Contrary to 1980s postmodernists and some recent administration officials, we can't "make our own reality." And, sooner or later, reality smacks you in the head with a baseball bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyril
                      ... It will be painful because we have become so used to living like kings on tomorrow's money.
                      Of course, defining who belongs in "we" could start some good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                        Yup. The real obscenity was the presumption (for quite some time) that today's generation could live off the income of the next generation, and the next... Contrary to 1980s postmodernists and some recent administration officials, we can't "make our own reality." And, sooner or later, reality smacks you in the head with a baseball bat.
                        One analysts's view that indicates that this current meltdown is nothing compared to what is coming.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 134E3A.DTL

Comment

The guy who wrote that is with the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. Everything those guys say and write has a political agenda behind it. You can call it "analysis"; I call it political polemic.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                            The guy who wrote that is with the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. Everything those guys say and write has a political agenda behind it. You can call it "analysis"; I call it political polemic.
                            Probably/possibly, but the fact is that SS and MC are in deep doo doo, and the bill will have to be paid by us eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                              Um......So you don't believe there's a real fiscal problem looming? Numbers are numbers; they don't register with any particular party.

Comment

Working...
                              X