Clear All

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Originally posted by gh
    mired in a syntax discrepancy....>>
    Similarly, if you're a comedian who prides himself on his intellect and semantic wizardry, wouldn't ya think he'd use the word 'syntax' correctly?! :roll:
    Like me his job is to be funny, not to be some book learned english teacher.
    His 'shtick' is to appear erudite and then ridicule The Great Unwashed - not to just 'be funny'. He is hoist on his own petard (to cite a pedantic cliche) if he appears 'uneducated', as he chides those who are ignorant.
    Man with big beard and big words, he funny man. Not to be taken seriously.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    quote="gh"]marlow-dukehjsteve-malmo.... consider yourselves on last warning on politicking.[/quote]

ME ???!!! ME ???!!! What did I say ? I had a posting about Suzi's physical attributes deleted, but I sure do not think I have said anything contraversial about anything political. Garry, take a chill pill !!!!

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    marlow-dukehjsteve-malmo.... consider yourselves on last warning on politicking.
    This thread (and others) were designed to be political. Either remove them or permit them.

This gets a pass? Be consistent.
    http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=33293

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Originally posted by gh
    Similarly, if you're a comedian who prides himself on his intellect and semantic wizardry, wouldn't ya think he'd use the word 'syntax' correctly?! :roll:
    His 'shtick' is to appear erudite and then ridicule The Great Unwashed - not to just 'be funny'. He is hoist on his own petard (to cite a pedantic cliche) if he appears 'uneducated', as he chides those who are ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by gh

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by gh

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Dennis Miller addressed this very question on his great 1988 (20 years ago?!!! aiyeee!!!) release, The Off-White Album:

<<Is it nuclear or new-koo-ler? You know, I've actually heard U.S. Senators on C-SPAN as new-koo-ler. Now consider me reactionary, but I don't think you should vote on this shit until you learn how to pronounce it.

I mean, can we get a consensus on this one way or another before they do drop the bomb? I'd hate to spend my last few moments on the planet mired in a syntax discrepancy....>>

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    marlow-dukehjsteve-malmo.... consider yourselves on last warning on politicking.
    I'm done!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Personally I like mavericks. My favorite is James Garner . . .

Leave a comment:

• highjumpfan
    replied
    Please answer the questions.

Leave a comment:

• highjumpfan
    replied
    Please answer the questions.

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    My vote goes to proper pronouncers.