Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    I assume you also had coed bathrooms and showers, i mean why not? What could possibly happen? 8-)
    Let's just say the intent was to have same-sex showers, :
    Would give a whole new meaning to the ole phrase, " Dont drop the soap!"
    phsstt!

Comment

Stop egging me on! Anything I write now can and will be held against me in a court of wife.

Comment

Stop egging me on! Anything I write now can and will be held against me in a court of wife.
        I'm pretty sure if your wife reads all your posts she would be

A. dead
        B. insane
        C. both
        phsstt!

Comment

Re: Dancing is STILL the Devil's Work?

Originally posted by gh
          Conservative Baptists, for example, say no dancing
          Jax is crawling with conservative Baptists, and guess what, they dance.
          Marlow, having grown up in Jax, I can safely say that First Baptist mind control organization...er...Church STRONGLY discourages dancing among the school-age kids who attend. That would encompass thousands of kids by the way. I had many friends who did not attend our high school's prom to instead attend the formal banquet put on by the church...at the church. I also have attended five southern baptist weddings (two at FB and one at another in mandarin and one in Atlanta and one in Charleston)...i was also a groomsman in two of those...and all four weddings included NO MUSIC, NO DANCING, NO ALCOHOL. Even though they were good friends, those were the most boring weddings i've ever been to. So, while a lot of baptists will dance, there are probably just as many who frown upon it.
          And your assessment of Jax crawling with SBs is true....ack!

Comment

Originally posted by ponytayne
            Marlow, having grown up in Jax, I can safely say that First Baptist mind control organization...er...Church STRONGLY discourages dancing among the school-age kids who attend.
            True dat, but surprisingly (or maybe not) many of those kids go to my school and have no problem gettin down with the boogie. They may be teachin it, but it ain't stickin.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
              Do you suppose there's any similarity at all between the dancing that was done at your college in 1949 and what Asafa Powell's parents were objecting to?
              Nope, it was pretty much ballroom dancing, waltz, foxtrot, two step and there were a few WWII vets corrupting the youth with jitterbug. Since I did not learn to dance in HS, I was and am a reluctant dancer to this date. Even during the urban cowboy era of the 70z-80s I could not master the line dance.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                Since I did not learn to dance in HS, I was and am a reluctant dancer to this date. Even during the urban cowboy era of the 70z-80s I could not master the line dance.
                Been there. The only dance I can do is The Twist, and there just hasn't been much call for that since 1963. ops:

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                  Since I did not learn to dance in HS, I was and am a reluctant dancer to this date. Even during the urban cowboy era of the 70z-80s I could not master the line dance.
                  Been there. The only dance I can do is The Twist, and there just hasn't been much call for that since 1963. ops:
                  Just jog in place and cop a tude...helps if your drunk, not to mention everyone witnessing your hideous display. :P
                  phsstt!

Comment

Just jog in place and cop a tude..
                    best dance advice ever:

This is where you live.
                    Right here.
                    You live right here, okay? This is home.
                    None of this.
                    I don't wanna see none of that.
                    Don't need no pizza. They got food there.
                    Elbows, 6 inches from the waist, 90-degree angles.
                    Don't you bite your lip. Stop it.
                    - Hitch

Comment

I even flunked the Twist. In fact, I could never keep a Hula Hoop going more than two revolutions.

Comment

I'm not sure whether this belongs here or on the "good economic news" thread but it appears that, at least for the time being, the lap dancing business is recession-proof.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/ ... -with-art/

Comment

Originally posted by ponytayne
                          Originally posted by gh
                          Conservative Baptists, for example, say no dancing
                          Jax is crawling with conservative Baptists, and guess what, they dance.
                          Marlow, having grown up in Jax, I can safely say that ...........
                          And your assessment of Jax crawling .....
                          great to see such deep, insightful and thought provoking posts.
                          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Keeps me coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              A product of your sheltered life.

Conservative Baptists, for example, say no dancing (religionfacts.com)...
                              when you look at it, you wonder why there is so much religious strife in the world - these conservative christians have virtually same restrictions as muslims ( apart from pork )

imagine a theoretical scenario where both communities lived together in a country - they'd be in near perfect harmony - no booze/smokes/gambling/lasciviousness - i'd imagine their preachers woud get on like a house on fire ( & probably take each other's sermons ! ) ! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                                great to see such deep, insightful and thought provoking posts.
                                Here's another one

Q: Why don't Baptists f#*k standing up?

A: Because it might lead to dancing!

Comment

Working...
                                X