Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 100 Greatest Canadian Sport Moments

Found article on T&F News while searching for Best Men's Combo Sprinters: All 4 Ways on the front page. Link to: One Hundred Greatest Canadian Sport Moments

Donovan Bailey is at #2 and the Atlanta relay team is #13. Percy Williams #15, Ben Johnson #17, Greg Joy #42...not to mention a bunch of curlers and figure skaters.

cman

Re: The 100 Greatest Canadian Sport Moments

Originally posted by cullman
    Found article on T&F News while searching for Best Men's Combo Sprinters: All 4 Ways on the front page. Link to: One Hundred Greatest Canadian Sport Moments

Donovan Bailey is at #2 and the Atlanta relay team is #13. Percy Williams #15, Ben Johnson #17, Greg Joy #42...not to mention a bunch of curlers and figure skaters.

cman
    And no room for Bill Crothers, Debbie Brill, McNaughton + Anne Heggtveit's Gold in Slalom in '60.

Comment

Re: The 100 Greatest Canadian Sport Moments

Originally posted by cullman

cman
      Percy Williams a mere 2 rungs up from Ben Johnson..... bizarre list
      ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Ben Johnson could arguably have the greatest moment in Canadian sports history. Before the scandal broke, Canada had dethroned American 100 meter royalty, in such a pounding manner. The pinnacle of sporting glory, victory coming at the expense of the Michael Jackson of sport; the greatest star in the world, beyond Madonna, Mandela, Mother Teresa, MGM, McDonald's, Mickey Mantle, and Much else....I mean, this wasn't the Russians being beaten at a sport we know is played in limited venues, this was the YANKS getting their skirts shredded in the biggest and baddest way......Canada CAME of AGE that day. To hell with what happened afterward, at least the informed observers know what a bunch of radio goo-goo and tv ga-ga that was....

Hey where's MM, ya know, not HMMMMMM........I mean the guy who could teach me how to write something other than unintelligible jibberish today./...//...,,,?????
        Take good care of yourself.

Comment

What, no curling?

My favorite winter Oly sport. The only one I can watch.

Comment

Re: What, no curling?

Originally posted by BillVol
            My favorite winter Oly sport. The only one I can watch.
            37, 76, 87 and 94 were curling moments...although they didn't mention the "c" word in the descriptions.

"c"man

Comment

Working...
            X