X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJ/Oprah: First Post-Prison Interview Wednesday, 29/10-2008

http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow/op ... 029_marion
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/m ... index.html

seems an injustice she got jail time and TG got house arrest.

Comment

If she were to cooperate with authorities and tell them exactly what athletes do to beat dope tests , she will have taken some steps towards redemption

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
        Did I miss where Graham was involved in check fraud related to money laundering?
        There are no strings on me

Comment

I'm stunned! I went to put this on my TiVo and correctly guessed which station Oprah is broadcast on with my first guess!! I gotta get checked out . . .

Comment

I wanna know if her '06 "positive" (where she got cleared when her B was negative) was because the A was a bad test, or if she got lucky on the B, or if she had some masking agent that worked once but not the other, or.....

That could be very vital info in staying ahead of the dopers.

Comment

i want her to fess up to her obviosu drug use from '97 onwards.

Until she does i'm not interested in anything else she has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                i want her to fess up to her obviosu drug use from '97 onwards.
                why was it obvious ?

a 5'10 gal with perfect sprinting technique up against mostly midgets, crushing them is what most observers woud expect

overall, over 100/200 she was running as well as merlene wih similar physical attributes was doing in '90/'91

what's the surprise ?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  I wanna know if her '06 "positive" (where she got cleared when her B was negative) was because the A was a bad test, or if she got lucky on the B, or if she had some masking agent that worked once but not the other, or.....

I'd be very surprised if we learned new vital information by watching tomorrow's show.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

no chance of masking

that is a very primitive method in which the basic technique is to increase excretion of drug so as to have smaller detection window ( without "mask", a drug may be detectable for 1 week, with it, it is detectable for 3 - 4 days ) - if A is +ve, so really should be the B

it's likely it's just not a foolproof test as initially claimed, with incidences of false +ves & false -ves occuring

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Her legal counsel:s argument was based upon reasonable doubt, just as it had been throughout the context of her legal issues in the sport following her initial connection with doping. They won:t relent now, and she won:t turn over that information, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        How would she know whether or not the testing was bad? The logical conclusion is it was. Unless my memory was wrong, she had already admitted that she was on EPO at the time, and that was corroborated by BALCO records.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                          Originally posted by Paul Henry
                          Did I miss where Graham was involved in check fraud related to money laundering?
                          The judge in Marion´s case said the bigger part of the punishment was for the lying part on the drugs....because it set such a bad example and he had to make a example out of her.....

Trevor talked how many of his athletes into taking drugs? Got them to the States? Lied about know Angel Heredia?....It´s a joke this dude doesn´t go to jail, but Marion had to....Marion was in jail longer than Victor.......Tammy Thomas...only 6 months of home confinement.....this whole thing is a joke....and Marion was the scapegoat

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
                            Originally posted by gh
                            How would she know whether or not the testing was bad? The logical conclusion is it was. Unless my memory was wrong, she had already admitted that she was on EPO at the time, and that was corroborated by BALCO records.
                            A refresher on what she stated at the time the "B"-sample exonerated her:

Robin Roberts: “So let me point-blank ask you again: Marion, have you ever, ever taken any type of sports performance-enhancing drug?”

Marion Jones: “Um...I have always said – and I will continue to say – that I believe in a drug-free sport, I have never, ever taken a performance-enhancing drug, and I’m just quite pleased, happy, ecstatic – any adjective to describe how I feel right now in terms of the fact that um, this “B”-sample proved that, um, that I have never taken a drug, and that I haven’t taken a drug.

MJ: “And I hope really, Robin that this whole situation with me is used as a catalyst – a catalyst for more research in testing, a catalyst for better confidentiality samples and just to protect the athletes,”

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                              A refresher on what she stated at the time the "B"-sample exonerated her:
                              Yes, we already know what she said THEN, but what about what she said upon her pleading guilty to the Feds?

EPO admission maybe not. The only ones I can find that corroborated Marions EPO use were Victor Conte, Tim Montgomery, CJ Hunter, and Trevor Graham. None of their testimony has been proven very reliable, has it?

Comment

Working...
                              X