Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dose anyone know where we can see this online ?? i want to be able to turn off myself in disgust :x
    i deserve extra credit

Comment

I have a friend that is fuming mad. There is no consoling this friend they are pissed that Oprah even gave her a platform to speak.

She did nothing to impress those of us that know and are fans of the sport, not fans of marion per se

She did everything to impress her own fans. Those casual fans out there will be moved and she will have a wonderful platform to speak from, despite the frayed feelings of track folks, and frayed is a kind word.

On a pr level and better good angle, we have to use her ability to speak and connect to people. Lying or not she has a gift in front of the camera and can effect definite change in the public arena. HOWEVER, how much is too much? Do we give her any break for the crimes she committed against us? The track in me says hell no! Let her go spin her yarn in community service. The human in me, says use her as she used us. She is endearing, she is effective as a speaker and she comes across sincerely. These are the same tools that led her to believe she could lie to federal investigators and get away with it. lol

Now, i am disappointed in her inability to own her guilt, and take responsibility for her cheating. And I know why. She has the unfaltering belief that her competitors were doing the same thing so why should she carry any shame beyond that of her family and serving jail time. She will not apologize to her competitors with any real sincerity because she BELIEVES they were doing exactly what she was doing.
      I am disgusted that she thinks we would believe she had no idea. She still thinks we do not believe Victor. I know of one lie Victor told, and that is even a one of detail. Other than that he has yet to be proven WRONG. Sad but true, Victor has been telling us the ugly truth.
      Sorry, I cannot bring myself to believe she was ever clean. Her return to the sport was astronomical, and her 1998 season was ridiculous. In 1999 it fell apart on them and she got hurt, allegedly.

I agree, she will be better served to be candid and real with us. The jig is up, time to get it all out and move on.

I am waiting to see if some of her competitors have any rebuttals.

Comment

Sickening interview.

Even Oprah was highly skeptical that MJ didn't know what she taking.

MJ will only admit that which she has no choice on. It is obvious.
        She has given up on the sport and and its knowledgeable fans, sponsors etc. because there is no money or opportunity for her in the sport.
        Instead she was appealing to Oprah's audience, 99% who know nothing about PEDs or sport.

Oprah had to practically force her to apologize to her relay mates and the apology was weak and hollow. it was all about Marion, all the time.

The ending had me as angry as her ludricrous claim she thought she taking flax seed oil :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .
        She said she wanted to use her story to help others-that is EXACTLY what I feared. She will be on the talk circuit soon. Once you are ordained by O the opportunites are limitless.

The only genuine part of the interview was when she talked about her kids. I am sure she does love them very much. She doesn't want them to know the whole truth about their mum.

Comment

Whatever else you can say about Oprah, she is no fool. It will be interesting to see what she has to say about all this. There was no point in her blatantly calling Marion a liar to her face on the show, but now, afterwards, perhaps she will do so.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
            Whatever else you can say about Oprah, she is no fool. It will be interesting to see what she has to say about all this. There was no point in her blatantly calling Marion a liar to her face on the show, but now, afterwards, perhaps she will do so.
            I bet I am the resident Oprah expert around here and trust me she won't say a thing. Oprah is not a journalist. She lets people have their say and leaves it at that.
            Marion said enough "Oprah speak" that Oprah will be quite satisfied to let her viewers make up their own mind. Most of them won't care much either. All they will know when Marion goes on the talk circuit is that she was on Oprah. That's all it will take to get them out.

And in truth Oprah doesn't really care that much about the MJ story-she will quickly move on to the next topic.

Yes I have watched Oprah almost every day for over 20 years. Not proud of that but hey she comes on when I am making dinner! :lol: ops: :P

Comment

IMHO, it seems like a horrible waste of taxpayer dollars to have sent MJ to prison. A fine of several hundred thousand bucks, house arrest, parole,etc would have made more sense to me. Crowded jails ought to be the domain of really violent criminals.

That being said, I agree that Marion is still all about Marion. She got emotional about her personal losses and the effect on her children, but as has already been noted here she was oblivious to the effects on her relay team cohorts. And (did I hear this correctly???) she seemed to say that she had no direct knowledge of anyone else who took PEDs.... Say What??? If not, MJ was even more oblivious to the people and events going on all around her in her personal life.

I've loved to see Marion run since she was in 9th grade and I'd love to see her on the way to some much better future, but she is well short of redemption in my eyes. What a sad situation for such a beautiful and talented person to bring down on herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                She still thinks we do not believe Victor. I know of one lie Victor told, and that is even a one of detail. Other than that he has yet to be proven WRONG. Sad but true, Victor has been telling us the ugly truth
                you may call it not lying, but he has talked an awful lot of horseshit

claims such as "majority" of global finalists in a sprint are on drugs, when he may have had contact with 2 or 3 out of the 8 at most, is completely unsubstantiated hogwash - he has no knowledge at all of the remaining 5 or 6 & accuses a lot of them

if you think he is a reliable source, there's a bridge i'd like to sell you...

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                  I bet I am the resident Oprah expert around here
                  Yeah, I don't think anyone is going to fight you for the title :wink:

Comment

Oh Mandy.

Comment

Marion Jones loves to play games.

Children love to play games.

Paring Marion Jones with children allows both to play together.

Marion Jones, who is older than children, is a teacher.

Children, who are younger than Marion Jones, are students.

Lesson Marion Jones will teach children, who enjoy playing games? How to play better "dare", than tell the "truth".

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                        Yes I have watched Oprah almost every day for over 20 years. Not proud of that but hey she comes on when I am making dinner!
                        Oh,

My,

God.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                          you may call it not lying, but he has talked an awful lot of horseshit

claims such as "majority" of global finalists in a sprint are on drugs, when he may have had contact with 2 or 3 out of the 8 at most, is completely unsubstantiated hogwash - he has no knowledge at all of the remaining 5 or 6 & accuses a lot of them
                          I'm with Smoke here, and Conte. You only have to look at the women's finals of the Olympics and world champsfor the last 20 years to see the amount of cheating that has gone on.

That aside, on Marion I agree with Flump and Matt. She wont gain any respect from educated fans unless she completely confesses to everything. When you're caught out you 'fess up. She's lost the biggest medals of her career, the ones people talk about, so to try and hold onto the lies and keep her Wch medals is pointless. However, I can imagine the people she has been involved with, the people she knows that are still administering drugs, taking drugs, encouraging drugs, are quite shady characters, so she may be keeping quiet to save her @ss. Literally.

Comment

Holding on to the lies isn:t a pointless exercise, actually. Repentance will equal more lawsuits from folks awaiting word on whether or not they:ll be able to claim she was fraudulently paid. Whether they:d collect is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                              Holding on to the lies isn:t a pointless exercise, actually. Repentance will equal more lawsuits from folks awaiting word on whether or not they:ll be able to claim she was fraudulently paid. Whether they:d collect is another matter.
                              What lawsuits?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                                Lying or not she has a gift in front of the camera and can effect definite change in the public arena.
                                She's done more than her share of 'effecting change in the public arena', thank you very much. As far as I'm concerned she can just shut her pie hole and get on with her personal life now.

Comment

Working...
                                X