Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallowe'en - As others see us

Today in America, in the eyes of a British grinch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main. ... loween.xml

Typical limey b*stard with a brolly up his arse! :wink: Lighten up, dude. It's just for fun!!! Bugger off, you sot!!! 8-)

Comment

The 16th-century spelling of Hallowe'en is a nice touch. (although I must admit that's how I learned to do it in elementary school)

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Typical limey b*stard with a brolly up his arse!
        His arse? You know a lot of guys named Elizabeth?

Comment

In roughly three weeks time, in Benidorm, ESP, I think you:ll see a lot of English guys calling each other all kinds of things once the sun goes down.

Comment

Sorry, EPelle, you'll have to explain that one to me, and I suspect to others as well. What happens in three weeks in Benidorm? I consulted with my friend Mr. Google but he was of no help.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
              Sorry, EPelle, you'll have to explain that one to me, and I suspect to others as well. What happens in three weeks in Benidorm? I consulted with my friend Mr. Google but he was of no help.
              Geez, you've never heard of "The Wild Weekend" in Benidorm?!
              Anyone who's anyone is going!

The Wild Weekend is Europe's longest running and most fantastic sixties garage weekender. Benidorm is the trashiest tourist center of Europe.
              Mix them together and you have what must surely be one of the most unique
              and wildest music events ever put on !!!!

The Wild Weekend combines awesome BEAT/SURF/TRASH/SOUL bands from the sixties and contemporary luminaries from the same genre, with a spectacular stage show involving over 30 GoGo girls and burlesque artistes, a full on kustom kulture decor of hotrods and tikis, mad markets, awesome B-movies and an international lineup of top disc jockeys... The Wild Weekend runs 24hours/day from 7pm Friday night to 10 am Monday morning !!

Comment

I'm sure surprised she didn't throw in the easter bunny for good measure. Another OTT American tradition.

Comment

Yeah, something like that. Seems 90% of UK:ers are in Benidorm during the Festival, held the third week of november... piggy-backs the regular one held by the Spaniards 10-15 november. No need to speaka spanish, every restaurant serves good ole english breakfast and has all tv:s tuned into premiere league fotboll.

After a week of drinking from morning till dusk, Tom becomes Tina, Billy becomes Betty, and so forth. God only knows what happens behind closed doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    Originally posted by tandfman
                    Geez, you've never heard of "The Wild Weekend" in Benidorm?!
                    Anyone who's anyone is going!

The Wild Weekend is Europe's longest running and most fantastic sixties garage weekender. Benidorm is the trashiest tourist center of Europe.
                    Mix them together and you have what must surely be one of the most unique
                    and wildest music events ever put on !!!!

The Wild Weekend combines awesome BEAT/SURF/TRASH/SOUL bands from the sixties and contemporary luminaries from the same genre, with a spectacular stage show involving over 30 GoGo girls and burlesque artistes, a full on kustom kulture decor of hotrods and tikis, mad markets, awesome B-movies and an international lineup of top disc jockeys... The Wild Weekend runs 24hours/day from 7pm Friday night to 10 am Monday morning !!
                    Sounds like just my cup of tea! Yeah, right.

And, no, I've never heard of it.

Comment

The Fiestas of the Town (Las Fiestas Patronales), celebrating Benidorm's patron saints, El Virgen del Suffrage and Jaime Apostle. It runs from the Friday before the second Saturday of the month until the following Wednesday. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE - the festival is preceeded by all sorts of sporting and cultural events including things like football, concerts, fishing contests etc.
                      Oh, and everyone does dress up the third thursday of november... rather wildly, I must add.

Comment

Working...
                      X