Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey Ryder is not top Bond girl

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 040001.ece

Oh pleez. As a Bond connoisseur, I can state with total certainty that Ursula was indeed #1 (by a long, long way) and Pussy Galore was easily #2. Maud Adams is 3, but Diana Rigg was merely reprising her Mrs. Peel role, so she can't even be considered. As for Ms. Lynd, she was indeed superb, so perhaps we can put her in the 4 slot, but we have not been given sufficient historical perspective to consider her proper place. These things take time, you know.

Comment

Green reportedly fought hard to keep her clothes on throughout the film
      very odd of a french actress to take this stance ?!

besides she had no such qualms in previous films

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Oh pleez. As a Bond connoisseur, I can state with total certainty that Ursula was indeed #1 (by a long, long way) and Pussy Galore was easily #2. Maud Adams is 3, but Diana Rigg was merely reprising her Mrs. Peel role, so she can't even be considered. As for Ms. Lynd, she was indeed superb, so perhaps we can put her in the 4 slot, but we have not been given sufficient historical perspective to consider her proper place. These things take time, you know.
        I love that we take such things as Bond girls that we need to place them into historical perspective. I rather liked Jane Seymour who was not mentioned in this list.

Comment

BG

Claudine Auger ("Domino" from "Thunderball") merits mention. Mie Hama (no- she doesn't play soccer) in "You Only Live Twice" was striking, as was Daniela Bianchi in "From Russia With Love". Interesting that back then, no one called them "Bond Girls".

Guess the franchise was too young at the time.

Comment

I've often wondered if a significant portion of the success of the Bond films (at least in the beginning) wasn't largely due to Playboy. Don't they get credit for the concept of "Bond Girls" and showing them in the altogether?

Indeed, if memory serves, Broccoli & Saltzman were so savvy, they ensured that there was Bondian skin in Playboy before the movies came out. The kind of free advertising you'd kill to get.

Comment

Given how much anticipated the Bond movies were, it was probably good business for Playboy, too.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                I've often wondered if a significant portion of the success of the Bond films (at least in the beginning) wasn't largely due to Playboy. Don't they get credit for the concept of "Bond Girls" and showing them in the altogether?.
                I was a tender 12 years old when I saw Dr. No and Ms. Andress. She didn't pose in Playboy until two years later, which I, then a cosmopolitan 14 year-old, of course, got my grubby little mitts on. I can categorically state that her pictorial permanently scarred me and made every other potential female friend I considered for the next 8 years look like Olive Oyl. If Bo Derek was a 10, Ursula was a 17.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  I've often wondered if a significant portion of the success of the Bond films (at least in the beginning) wasn't largely due to Playboy. Don't they get credit for the concept of "Bond Girls" and showing them in the altogether?.
                  I was a tender 12 years old when I saw Dr. No and Ms. Andress. She didn't pose in Playboy until two years later, which I, then a cosmopolitan 14 year-old, of course, got my grubby little mitts on. I can categorically state that her pictorial permanently scarred me and made every other potential female friend I considered for the next 8 years look like Olive Oyl. If Bo Derek was a 10, Ursula was a 17.
                  That picture of Ms. Undress i will never forget. It was almost supernatural experience. At the time i was thinking how lucky i was that beautiful women would take their clothes off and let men take pictures and then let the pictures be put in magazines so millions of horney men could look at the pictures. Still bows me away.
                  phsstt!

Comment

Oh pleez.
                    I knew the article would irritate you. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                    X