If there is a football God.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there is a football God.....

...please don't let another sluggish Big10 team play for the National Title.

see link from last week in last post in the College Football 2008 thread, in which msnbc guy went on at length about that.

Comment

I'm thinking that because USC always loses to one mediocre team during the regular season, and because the Big 10 always sucks, the old Rose Bowl Pac !0 / Big !0 matchup should be restored so that USC can run-up huge scores against the current hapless mid-westerners.

That way we are spared a mismatch in the "championship" game and USC boosters can always claim that they should have been in the championship game.

We seem headed to another situation where a couple of one-loss teams would be odds-on favorites to beat any of the undefeated ones.

Comment

I would LOVE to see a USC - Florida game.

Comment

my dream championship will be the best of the big12 facing the best of the sec...
          .. but I would not fall under the spell of underestimating the big10.
          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Marlow's game would be fun to watch. Is there any chance of it shaking out that way in this year's BCS match-ups?

I'd bet on Florida. SC's defense is awesome when they are leading because they can take so many chances blitzing. But Florida might keep the Trojans back on their heels.

I AM looking forward to seeing USC bludgeon Notre Dame again this year. And next. It would really be fun to see Jimmy Clausen graduate with no win vs. USC. I can't stand that kid !

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
              I'm thinking that because USC always loses to one mediocre team during the regular season, and because the Big 10 always sucks, the old Rose Bowl Pac !0 / Big !0 matchup should be restored so that USC can run-up huge scores against the current hapless mid-westerners.

That way we are spared a mismatch in the "championship" game and USC boosters can always claim that they should have been in the championship game.

We seem headed to another situation where a couple of one-loss teams would be odds-on favorites to beat any of the undefeated ones.
              Would love to see USC vs Penn State.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                my dream championship will be the best of the big12 facing the best of the sec...
                .. but I would not fall under the spell of underestimating the big10.
                The SEC has been the best conference for a number of years now, maybe not this year however. Yep...the Big12! The Pac10 only has USC and the Big10 only had OSU. Obviously Penn St has replaced OSU.. "this".. season. While I like to see teams like Utah, Boise State, do well. I do doubt they can hang with the powerhouses of the SEC/Big12. Yes I remember Boise State beating Oklahoma, what a fantastic game that was. I do believe Oklahoma would have won 8-10 vs Boise State however.

Not sold on Alabama. I see Florida as the team to beat in the SEC. Can Texas Tech beat Okie State and Oklahoma right after beating Texas? I have doubts. So we could be looking at Florida vs Penn State. Yes another speedy SEC team with world class speed vs another slow Big10 team.....sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!! What has the Big10 done lately other than lose the big game?

Look at the kind of speed that comes out of the SEC....

Jeff Demps, John Capel...Florida
                Eddie Kennison, Xavier Carter, Trindon Holliday...LSU
                Leonard Scott, Sam Graddy, Willie Gault, Mike Miller...Tenn
                Herschel Walker...Georgia
                Alexander Wright, Bo Jackson...Auburn
                James Mallard...Alabama

No conference compares to that.

Comment

Re: If there is a football God.....

Originally posted by Texas
                  Gods of football heard your prayers and chose Iowa to be an angel of destruction.
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Would love to see Texas Tech vs somebody besides Florida or Bama.

Comment

Re: If there is a football God.....

Originally posted by Pego
                      Originally posted by Texas
                      Gods of football heard your prayers and chose Iowa to be an angel of destruction.
                      There is a God!

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol
                        Would love to see Texas Tech vs somebody besides Florida or Bama.
                        TT vs Florida would be great. Bama doesn't impress me.

Comment

Working...
                        X