Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want advance insight on Sunday's "24"

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you want advance insight on Sunday's "24"

    That's the preseason "prequel" movie.

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 148M69.DTL

  • #2
    Everything I've read has been about the change in attitude towards Jack's 'interrogation strategies', and that in the Obama era that Jack is a relic of a by-gone era. I predict a 'higher-consciousness' Jack emerges, and that he gets more conflicted than ever between the ends-justify-the-means mentality and being the Good Guy.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't care what methodology he uses, as long as he saves Western Civilization for the umteenth straight year !!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Apparently, this "Jack" character is a real badass. I love badass vigilantes and do-righters who bend the rules but, I confess, I have never seen an episode of "24". Is it too late to start? Can I just jump in or do I need pre-briefed?

        Comment


        • #5
          Watched the show and the Body Count and Torture Factor are higher than ever. The part that kills me is that Jack Bauer has single-handedly SAVED THE WORLD five times now. He would be the biggest celebrity IN HISTORY, yet he's still a persona non grata wherever he goes and hardly ever recognized. :roll:

          Comment


          • #6
            Watched my first episode of 24Redemption
            My take is that Jack Bauer is a rogue 007 type federal agent badly in need of a shave and shower who is being persecuted by a thankless government for getting results in doing what was asked of him.
            Being a newbie to the show I am fuzzy on some of the ancillary characters that may be carryover from previous seasons but maybe they will fall into place...

            Comment


            • #7
              That silly dude thought he could break Jack w/ a mere glowing machete?! The Chinese did way worse and Jack spit in their face!

              Disappointing he didn't get to torture anyone himself though.

              But I'm sure he'll make up for it come January.

              Watching the 2-hour chunk reminds me of the long-threatened move by me and the Babster to tape the whole season then watch it in a couple of long orgies, instead of having those single hours go by so quickly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Brilliant casting of Robert Carlyle (recognize him?) as Benton.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, I can see the possibility of some real squirmy stuff but was kinda disappointed when they wimped out and did not show the scene when the missionary took his foot off that AP mine.
                  I expected at least have a glimpse of a show of surprise/fear on the bad guys face when he realized the uh-oh moment.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Brilliant casting of Robert Carlyle (recognize him?) as Benton.
                    Help me out, I do not know which character was Benton and do not know Robert Carlyle by name.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lonewolf
                      Originally posted by gh
                      Brilliant casting of Robert Carlyle (recognize him?) as Benton.
                      Help me out, I do not know which character was Benton and do not know Robert Carlyle by name.
                      If he spoke in his native tongue he's Scottish (been a huge variety of movies from Riff Raff through Trainspotting, The Full Monty and the chicken shit husband in 28 Weeks Later. Personal favorite: the psychotic Begbie in Trainspotting).

                      I haven't seen a single episode either. Which is the best series to rent? The first or does it matter if they're separate stories?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lonewolf
                        Watched my first episode of 24Redemption
                        My take is that Jack Bauer is a rogue 007 type federal agent badly in need of a ... shower ...
                        You would be too if you were wearing multiple layers of long sleeves in Africa where everyone else is in shorts. Made no sense except his jacket gave him pockets to keep weapons in.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gh
                          ...Watching the 2-hour chunk reminds me of the long-threatened move by me and the Babster to tape the whole season then watch it in a couple of long orgies, instead of having those single hours go by so quickly.
                          Have been doing so the past three seasons (dvd)... much more entertaining (yet tiring).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lonewolf
                            Being a newbie to the show I am fuzzy on some of the ancillary characters that may be carryover from previous seasons but maybe they will fall into place...
                            If you'd like to catch up (and have a day or so to spend doing it) you can go to the 24 web site and read the synopses of every episode so far.

                            http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/

                            Scroll down on the left if you want to start with Season 1.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by marknhj
                              I haven't seen a single episode either. Which is the best series to rent? The first or does it matter if they're separate stories?
                              I'd avoid the last two (5 and 6). I think the show is getting weaker over time. You might as well start with 1, but I think they are reasonably self-contained and if you started with a later one, you wouldn't have missed much background that matters.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X