Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Tech vs Oklahoma

I look for "spots" when picking football games. Emotions and location meaning everything. As we saw when Texas met Texas Tech, Texas struggled early on the road. Key words....on the road. Home/road is huge in college football. Now we find the Red Raiders in a situation similiar to what the Longhorns were in. There they are as roadwarriors after a couple big games.

Oklahoma has won 22 straight home games. Texas Tech hasn't beaten both Texas/Oklahoma in the same year in at least 10 years(as far as my info goes) The last seven times TT has played "in" Oklahoma...1-6. As we can see there is no logical reason to back the Red Raiders in this.."spot". They have no advantages. So do I go against all that with a...."this is a totally different Texas Tech team? How will that week off play into this? Will the Sooners be out the avenge last seasons loss?

I can't do it. I can't find that..."oh yeah Oklahoma!" or that.."oh yeah Texas Tech!" I hate to wimp out with..."turnovers will be the deciding factor"..but there's where I'm at. Yep...wimp :cry:

Turnovers and miracle plays.

Comment

For the very reasons that you correctly intuited TT's win over Tex (against my strenuous objections), I can't believe TT can survive their Murderer's Row and win in Norman. TT may be the better team, but they would have to be unrealistically good to win this week. If . . . however . . . they do win, the Heisman Committee should walk out to mid-field at the conclusion of the game and hand over the trophy to Harrell right then and there, and the Big-12 Championship Game should be canceled. And Urban Meyer should be very, very afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        For the very reasons that you correctly intuited TT's win over Tex (against my strenuous objections), I can't believe TT can survive their Murderer's Row and win in Norman. TT may be the better team, but they would have to be unrealistically good to win this week. If . . . however . . . they do win, the Heisman Committee should walk out to mid-field at the conclusion of the game and hand over the trophy to Harrell right then and there, and the Big-12 Championship Game should be canceled. And Urban Meyer should be very, very afraid.
        It's about time the Big12 has some QB's. Think about it. Name a great NFL QB from the Big12?

Harrell has that certain.."it"...doesn't he?

Comment

OU all the way. The kids were fired up at practice today.
          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

I agree, Graham Harrel has "IT". He also has half a dozen guys, at least one of whom always seems to get open, who can catch the ball when it get to them. The difference in Harrel and your garden variety college quarterback is, he repeatedly finds that open guy and gets the ball to him quickly and accurately, often in adverse circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              I agree, Graham Harrel has "IT". He also has half a dozen guys, at least one of whom always seems to get open, who can catch the ball when it get to them. The difference in Harrel and your garden variety college quarterback is, he finds that open guy and gets the ball to him quickly and accurately, sometimes in adverse circumstances.
              When Jerry Rice was at Mississippi Valley, they ran an offense without any running backs. QB Willie Totten would simply look for one of his five speedy wide receivers to be open. They averaged over 50 points a game.

I do like the fact TT has a couple good backs, it does keep teams guessing. If Harrell does have a big game, yep..Heisman!

Comment

Harrel has my vote for Heisman. McCoy and Bradford can arm wrestile for runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                  Harrel has my vote for Heisman. McCoy and Bradford can arm wrestile for runner-up
                  Error! Tebow is playing BETTER than last year when he, oh yeah, WON the Heisman. That said, I still think it goes to Harrell this year.

Comment

Let me remind you all that Bradford is still a sophomore. How do you think he'll rank the next couple of years?
                    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                      Let me remind you all that Bradford is still a sophomore. How do you think he'll rank the next couple of years?
                      And, to remind you of the obvious, Tebow won as a soph and that didn't buy him much this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                        And, to remind you of the obvious, Tebow won as a soph and that didn't buy him much this year.
                        That's cookie cutter athletics. Bradford will be dangerous. Big XII QB's are ridiculous right now.

Comment

Id say he is more of an impact player this year. Every defense Florida has faced has made adjustments to ensure that he can not run the ball as he did last year. The result has been an opening of all the other skill players and Tebow has done the QBs job: get the ball to them.

If you are using your running QB to run the ball, you have totally failed as a coach. If you can use the threat of a running QB to open up the other 5 skill players and keep them open, with all other things being equal, you have an offense that is going to be very hard to stop.
                          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Yike! Oklahoma up 65-14 early in the 4th quarter. NOBODY saw this coming!

Comment

For the very reasons that you correctly intuited TT's win over Tex (against my strenuous objections), I can't believe TT can survive their Murderer's Row and win in Norman. TT may be the better team.
                              Not.

Comment

Working...
                              X