Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I used to rank Dan Marrino...

Originally posted by Avante
    Montana is the best I've ever seen. Who were his great backs/receivers in his first Superbowl win? Earl Cooper? Ricky Patton?

I never saw Otto Graham play (other than old highlights) I do doubt he was facing the defenses that Montana saw. I have seen everyone from Unitas since and it's Joe Montana for me. Keep in mind Bart Starr had a great supporting cast as did Unitas/Aikman/Bradshaw. Marino/Tarkenton couldn't win the big one. You look at everything it takes to be the best.....Joe Montana!
    Montana was the best IMHO and I'm not sure it's all that close to 2nd.

BTW...you got something against Freddie Solomon? He taught Jerry Rice everything he knows. How do I know? He told me...a couple of times...and then sat down my WR son and a few of his teammates and told them the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutra
      Montana is the best I've ever seen. Who were his great backs/receivers in his first Superbowl win? Earl Cooper? Ricky Patton?

I never saw Otto Graham play (other than old highlights) I do doubt he was facing the defenses that Montana saw. I have seen everyone from Unitas since and it's Joe Montana for me. Keep in mind Bart Starr had a great supporting cast as did Unitas/Aikman/Bradshaw. Marino/Tarkenton couldn't win the big one. You look at everything it takes to be the best.....Joe Montana!
      Montana was the best IMHO and I'm not sure it's all that close to 2nd.

BTW...you got something against Freddie Solomon? He taught Jerry Rice everything he knows. How do I know? He told me...a couple of times...and then sat down my WR son and a few of his teammates and told them the same thing.

Freddie Solomon the x-QB who became a solid receiver. I think it was Montana who said that he had incredible speed and hid it well until needed......whatever that means.

Comment

Freddie Solomon the x-QB who became a solid receiver. I think it was Montana who said that he had incredible speed and hid it well until needed......whatever that means.
        The one and only. QB at UT....that's University of Tampa in these parts. Certainly have had some interesting conversations...with Freddie doing all the conversing...over the years.

Comment

Montana is the best with all things considered. I think Brady might eventually rate second and Manning???
          phsstt!

Comment

Working...
          X