• Show
Clear All

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    [
    Yes, reminds me of this question, How did all our oil get under the middle east sand?
    Well, Squack, not all of our oil is under the Middle East sands. Some of it Mother Nature hid under thousands of feet of sea water, some in artic climes, some in remote jungles. We have pretty well looked in the easy places with known or postulated probability/possibility of oil/gas production.

I would love to explain this disproportionate concentration of oil reserves to you but I am an old man and I am concerned I might kick off half way through your junior year of geology and leave you still frustrated by the mysteries of the global distribution of oil/gas.

Suffice it to say the answer is complex. It involves the geologic history of stratigraphic deposition, reservoir rocks adjacent to source rocks, unusually humongous reef traps and structural traps related to continental drift.
    It reminds me of an anecdote attached to the late Golda Meir.
    Moses was being praised as a great leader. Her reply - "He was so great, he lead the Israelites to the only place in the region without oil."
    Reminds me of a dumb blonde joke.

A blonde brings her car to a gargage because it is running rough. Mechanic worx on it and declares it fixed. She asks, " What fixed it" The mechanic answers, "Just crap in the carburator". She asks, "How often?"

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    [
    Yes, reminds me of this question, How did all our oil get under the middle east sand?
    Well, Squack, not all of our oil is under the Middle East sands. Some of it Mother Nature hid under thousands of feet of sea water, some in artic climes, some in remote jungles. We have pretty well looked in the easy places with known or postulated probability/possibility of oil/gas production.

I would love to explain this disproportionate concentration of oil reserves to you but I am an old man and I am concerned I might kick off half way through your junior year of geology and leave you still frustrated by the mysteries of the global distribution of oil/gas.

Suffice it to say the answer is complex. It involves the geologic history of stratigraphic deposition, reservoir rocks adjacent to source rocks, unusually humongous reef traps and structural traps related to continental drift.
    It reminds me of an anecdote attached to the late Golda Meir.
    Moses was being praised as a great leader. Her reply - "He was so great, he lead the Israelites to the only place in the region without oil."

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    [

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by Daisy
    For example, they could be living and working easy on a teachers salary.
    Doubly funny!
    I knew you'd appreciate it! As they say: For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible. :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    For example, they could be living and working easy on a teachers salary.
    Doubly funny!

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    The far left hates the rich, the far right hates the poor....me? I hate everyone! :P
    If the rich hate being taxed so much why don't they get one of the more cushy low paying jobs?

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    The far left hates the rich, the far right hates the poor....me? I hate everyone! :P
    If the super rich hate being taxed so much why don't they get one of the more cushy lower paying jobs? For example, they could be living and working easy on a teachers salary.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• skyin' brian
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    The middle class just complies.
    Unless they are subject to AMT

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    The fact that both the rich and the poor think it unfair means it's about right. The middle class just complies.

Leave a comment:

• skyin' brian
    replied
    Just as the man said: no explanation necessary
    That is the problem. This thought experiment is an over-simplification. The tax code is far too complicated. It would be nice if it were this simple, but tax accountants and government employees that work for the IRS need jobs.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    except that the "author" from GA disavows having written it (see Snopes link)

Leave a comment:

• paulthefan
    replied
    I neglected one last thing:

Final Tally:

9 X 50 million guys pay $10k
    1 x 1000 bankers get over 50million each.

and I still agree with lonewolf's original post from GA.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Beer is the necter of the Gods and therefor a birth right for every human. :P :arrow: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Well, yeah.. you guys are giving this too much thought... I don't even drink beer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X